Community post

Discussion

10+5 can no longer hear heartbeat on doppler

Hi guys

I had a missed misscarriage in febuary and am now 10+5 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately this pregnancy hasn't been straight forward, at 10 weeks I had a scan which showed a healthy baby but I'd had a bleed on one side of the gestational sac. I'm now on strict bed rest. I a sonaline b doppler from eBay and for most of the day Monday was trying to locate a heartbeat. I finally did with some help from YouTube and it was a definite galloping horse 180ish bpm. Since then I have tried all day yesterday on and off and this morning and nothing?! I do have a titled uterus but I'm getting concerned I can locate the placenta and I think hear movement. Any words of wisdom? Also after using it I feel a bit sore and am worried Im making the haemorrhage worse, is that possible? Thanks

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Aim low, try just right or left from ur center and aim towards ur tailbone. 10wks is really early for most, so u really have to look for it. When ur moving the probe, tilt it at multiple angles, slowly, before moving it a centimeter. Its a ridiculously slow process at this stage becuz they are so tiny that moving even a mm in the wrong direction will lose that beat...its crazy! Make sure u have a lot of gel on ur belly as well. Try both empty and full bladder, full may be better for u if ur uterus is tilted, and lay flat. Ignore the movement for now, that could be gas or even ur own intestinal functions.

Feel free to msg me if u need more help. I found mine at 8w3d, its not easy but definitely possible! Best of luck! =))

9 years ago

I would try not to worry and wait until your next scan. It can be very hard to find the heartbeat with a Doppler before 13 wks. Each of my children was 12 + wks before the midwives got a heartbeat on the Doppler. Even then, I was 13 wks with my son, and two midwives couldn't find the heartbeat! So they sent me for an immediate ultrasound (within the hour) and guess what, there he was, a good strong heartbeat and kicking away! My placenta was in the front (again) so it made it hard to pick up the heartbeat. It scared the crap out of me though when they couldn't find it, so I know how you feel! Maybe call your provider and ask about another scan if you're very worried, or if you've had more bleeding.

9 years ago

Thanks dakotagurrl I have sent you a message. Thanks bakerlady I was just surprised to find it Monday and now nothing :-( I have my 12 week scan booked for next Thursday and the lady was adamant that with my haemorrhage it wouldn't be worth doing one any earlier. Just over a week to wait grr! Getting cramping low it my left side really hoping the doppler hasn't irritated anything!

9 years ago • Post starter

Found it! Yai 160 bpm

9 years ago • Post starter

Annnnd I just replied to u before seeing this. Good stuff, glad u found it again!! =))

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo