Community post

Discussion

pregnant after a miscarriage

View Full Post

Hi guys I just got a digital positive pregnancy test and I'm excited but so nervous! My husband and I found out that we lost our last little 1 at around 8 weeks when we went for our 12 week scan back in February. It was our 1st pregnancy. I had 2 end up having 2 procedures 2 remove it over the course of 2 months n i had my 1st period at the start of this month. So I must of caught 6 weeks after the 2nd op. Please can anyone give me success stories of a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage as I'm petrified. Also will they scan me early to help my anxiety? Thanks guys x

30 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 30 Replies | Last Page

I'm feeling fine not much different 2 last time egettimg some cramping which freaks me out! I've got an appointment with my a dr on Monday. Hoping they will be willing to give me extra support to I've never been offered a blood test before. I'm also hoping for an early scan but we'll see! Fingers crossed x

9 years ago • Post starter

My initial HCG numbers are nice and high. Progesterone was within the range the doctor likes to have. Monday I find out if the HCG doubled.
Any updates with you ladies?

9 years ago

Hi I'm glad your levels are nice and high it's always a relief, I've got my 2nd scan on 1st July and I can't wait to find out what sex the little 1 is. I heard the heartbeat for the 1st time a couple of days ago and I nearly broke down in tears it was such an amazing sound, I love it xx

9 years ago

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear the heartbeat.

9 years ago

I spoke to the same midwife I had when.I lost my last one about an early scan and she said they won't offer me one just because I've previously miscarried the Dr also said they don't routinely do blood test hcg levels. I'm so anxious as I hav been cramping and my clear blue didn't increase from 2-3 to 3 + this week as it shud hav. Feel like my husband n i aren't getting any support and I've been cramping on and off. With the last pregnancy I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks so I don't want an early,early scan as it gave me false hope but I thought they would give me 1 at 8 weeks when I lost it last. Especially as it was a missed miscarriage and caused infection and the need for 2 erpcs when I found out 4 weeks later. Sorry for ranting girls. :-(

Katie,

Can you find another doctor that would be more supportive? It's an important time to feel understood.

9 years ago

It's difficult because only moved a year ago and the gp I was assigned has now retired. Took me 3 weeks to get an appointment with anyone so I now see whoever is avaliable soonest. Therose69 congratulations on hearing the babies heartbeat really pleased for you I can't wait to hear it I hope this one makes it x

Hey rant away that's wot we r ere 4 Hun, it's like wen I had All my miscarriages I felt like they wouldn't do anything 4 me, I had all the test done and All came back fine and hubby was fine aswell, so all they said was it was just pure back luck, I thought it was never gonna happen again. With this Pregnancy all they would do is give me a scan at 6 weeks and that was it, every twinge and little pain I was feeling I was panicking, I guess you just gotta hang in there and hope for the best xx

9 years ago

Thank you for the support therose69 that's rubbish after 3 losses to only have a 6 week scan. I had one with my 1st and saw the heartbeat gave me major false hope so I Def don't want one again unless it at around 8 weeks when I lost last time. You must be such a strong woman to cope with what you've been through and it's totally paid of congratulations!! I really
Really hope I can enjoy it in 6 weeks time :-(

I'm sure everything is going to b great Hun and work out fantastic just like it has done for me. It has made me stronger I just wouldn't let it beat me I was very determine to fight it and looks like I'm gonna win, just like you Hun xx

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo