Community post

Discussion

LH Surge and No Ovulation

Hello ladies,

I need some help. I'm hoping somebody can relate and set my mind at ease. DH and I have been TTC for about 9-10 months now. It seems my periods keep getting longer and longer ever since getting off BC. I am currently on CD38 and I just confirmed with a blood test that I have still not ovulated.

My worry is this. Last week I had an LH surge (got the smiley on Wed) and then had ovulation pains the following day and I was bleeding for a few days. I was convinced the I ovulated but then my temperatures never went up. Thats why I had the blood test done today and it confirmed that I did not ovulate.

I do not know what that could mean. I am especially worried about the bleeding. It seems my body was ready to ovulate and never did. I am waiting for the doc to give me a call back but I wanted to see if anyone has ever had any similar issues?

Help!

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

This actually just happened to me this past cycle and I hate to be a downer but I was on CD 56 before AF showed. I'm so sry that you weren't able to O this month! I hope that everything turns out well for you and for your next cycle!!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

This past month I have been frustrated with this exact problem. My Lh spiked and I got a positive, but no ewcm and no spike in temp. Then a few days later I get ewcm. About a week later my temp. spikes and I get ewcm again right before. After looking online, I noticed that alot of people have positive opk's or ewcm and no ovulation. Probably the intense watching and waiting isnt helping the stress levels. So, I have decided not to use OPK and watch for bbt drop and spike and Cm. Also, Ive started using this forum and it seems to help the stress level a bit.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo