Community post

Discussion

Well. my Test turned negative :(

My DH finally came to me and decided that he was going to get his SA done on the 9th of may. Not going to lie, I am extremely nervous for my side of the work up. My doctor is being extremely supportive and wants to try me on metformin. I also bought some Fertilaid today for both my DH and I to see if its able to help in some way before I start the metformin. Either way, todays test was negative and I should Ovulate here soon so I am getting excited for this part of the plan. DH decided that we should BD every other day the week before I ovulate and also on my Ovulation day just to make sure we cover all of our basis. If any of you have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

User Image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

For me personally we are having sex all cycle every second day (minimum) up until I get my period or up until a week after I am supposed to get my period if I don't get it on time.
I am not putting any stock in when I ovulate or if i'm ovulating or having sex only at certain times. I honestly feel after reading everyone experiences about ttc that the whole tracking ovulation concept is garbage. How are we supposed to know what the insides of our bodies are doing?? We don't. So to put my faith in a test that says "I may be ovulating"or to take a temperature and say oh that means i'm ovulating. It's just plain bubkus to me.
I've read that soooo many people on here got pregnant unexpectedly because they had sex when they thought they were not ovulating. It's enough to prove to me that the validity of tracking ovulation is nil.
Another thing I noticed with couples I know and friends and also on these forums is that the people who have a hec of a lot of sex ALL the time instead of just when "they are ovulating" get pregnant A LOT faster. Like i'm talking the first few months, and then the ones that are only having sex while tracking their ovulation get pregnant at the very least in twice that amount of time+.
That's just what I noticed and my personal view and what we are going to try this month.
So I guess that's not actually advice but just my interpretation and observation of things lol.

10 years ago

That's a wonderful observation. The first two years my DH and I did the every other day thing from beginning to end and sometimes even during my time
Of the month. Still nothing so we are now doing fertility testing :/

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

How long does it take to do the fertility testing? Is it a fairly quick process for them to find out? I wonder if it is covered by healthcare where I live (Canada). If this does not work for us this month (ok maybe i'll give it two months), then I may look into that option myself to see if everything is ok.
I am the most impatient person on earth lol

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo