Community post

Discussion

Two years and nothing.....

My DH and I have been trying for two years and nothing so far. This month was the first month I found out that I ovulate really late in my cycle. We caught it this time and are praying that our little swimmer will be on his/her way. The two week wait is the hardest. ð???

User Image

13 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Replies | Last Page

Hi there. We are at 2 years and 3 months trying now. Had a miscarriage this time last year. Now on the waiting list for IVF which we will probably do in October or November this year. I have irregular cycles so was temping from the start so at least I knew we were timing things right. Still it took a year to get pregnant the first time, and still haven't been pregnant again since the miscarriage. I just started my new cycle. Had an AMH and FSH blood test today in preparation for developing an IVF protocol.

Hope the TWW passes quickly for you! When you do get a BFP then you will continue the waiting with blood tests, scans, development milestones etc. I don't think the waiting ever stops!

10 years ago

Thanks Shelob! :P I know that the TWW is tough but I definitely have a more laid back approach to it. I was out and off this site for about four months because of the fact that nothing was working and I didnt want to feel disappointment anymore. The way i see it. If we get pregnant then it was time for us to be parents and if not more time for me and my DH to go travel and have just US time. Either way I know we are going to be blessed <3

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Same story for me! Trying for 2 years, I had a positive after HSG, but I miscarried on 9th week. Now I am in the first month after D&C... feeling depressed and stressed for the next try.
There was no reason why we were trying for so long to conceive. Have you proceeded in any fertility exam?
Eve if you have no problem, knowing that there is no problem will help you!
I hope the best for both of you! As Shelob has noted, a journey full of stress has started for all of us!
Keep both well and lucky!!!

10 years ago

I didnt want to do a fertility exam because if something was wrong with me i would be blaming myself for the rest of my life. I would rather leave it in God's hands and let it happen when it happens.

User Image

Most of the problems are treatable and of course you shouldnt blame yourself for any problem that might be found. It might be just the stress. In my case, all the exams were ok, but still I couldnt conceive for two years. After that I had a miscarriage. Even for this I shouldnt blame myself. Be positive and try not to be stressed! We started TTC when I was 35, thinking that it was not so late to start. Now, after long the TTC, a pregnancy that was stopped on the third month and the two months waiting after D&C to start again TTC, I am 38 years old. Due to the age all the statistics to conceive and to have a healthy baby have been worsen. from that experience I have, I advise you to go to the doctor you trust and I am sure he/she will help you to increase the chances to conceive. For me, I guess the HSG or the good results that relaxed me helped. I wish I had done them earlier!
Good luck and stay in touch!

10 years ago

I'm in the same boat. We've been TTC for almost 2 years now, my body always seems to play tricks on me, giving me what I think are clear symptoms and then af comes (usually seconds after I open the HPT package... :/ ) I'm 99% sure we had a miscarriage last year, I was in excruciating pain and bleeding so much bright red blood for a few hours, but I hadn't taken an HPT as my cycles commonly tend to be longer (some even 50-52 days, the possible miscarriage was the 50 day one.).

I hate getting my hopes up but there have been symptoms again this month, I THINK I ovulated right after AF ended, which is weird but my emotions were all over the place and I felt a bit of pinching down there.

I've been abnormally hungry the past 2 weeks though, eating everything in sight (it feels like, lol!) Yet I've LOST 2 pounds!
I've been more tired than usual though I have trouble sleeping and even more strangely I've been waking up earlier, full of energy for the first bit of the day. Bloating, headaches and back aches almost every day...
I also THINK I might have an increased sense of smell a bit, I feel like people would look at me crazy if I said some of the things I was smelling though. (Why do most people I work with feel the need to practically BATHE in cologne these days!? lol! Hopefully it's a good sign though.)

I'm scared to test though, especially before the 50CD mark at least, I so hate being disappointed!

Anyway, just wanted to offer support.
Baby dust to you all!

(PS This sounds mean but TBH when I see people saying they've been trying for 2-3 months and are ready to give up, it makes me so mad. I know everyone goes through their own struggles but I wonder if those people have thought about how much more patience it takes to wait 2 years and more to try to get a BFP... lol especially when so many of my friends are getting pregnant within a month or two all around me... :S We must have superhuman patience I guess.)

10 years ago

hi i've n ttc since july 2012 it just been soo heart broken I was finally preg in April 2013 had mc in May so I started to work whole summer till Jan 31st I quit my job the last time I ttc was in Nov 9th 2013 havent ttc since I m praying it will happen also I had pap smear on Feb 14 2014 came to find out I m had abnormal pap smear and the test is on May 19th will have done called coloscopy I pray it will not affect my ttc when I m ready again July or Aug I hope everyone will keep their faith and stay strong dont give up

10 years ago

Thank you so much all! I really appreciate the encouragement! I posted a current test in hopes that maybe it isn't an evap but I would love your opinions <3 thank you!

User Image

best of luck to all of y'all! we are also going on 2 yrs TTC and it has been so hard. fortunately, we have a 3 yr old blessing in which it only took us 4 months to conceive him. we have started testing and so far, progesterone, ultrasound and sperm testing have all come back normal. this Thursday, I am having the HSG testing done. hopefully, this helps us. :)

10 years ago

hey ladies! posted a frer today and there is a faint positive. PLease let me know what you think. comment if youd like.

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo