Community post

Discussion

95% antisperm antibodies. Devastated. Any hope?

So we got hubbies SA report through, and he has 95% Anti-sperm antibodies. This means that there is less that a 5% chance of his spem reaching my egg and only 7% of each load are not stuck together. This combined with my fibriids, possible endometriosis and damage to cervix from removal of pre-cancerous cells means that it is highly unlikely we will conceive again naturally. We are not allowed help on the NHS as i have children from a previos marriage... My hubby is 27 years old, fit as a fiddle (8 years in the Royal Air Force) and is facing the prospect of never beingba father...
Hubby has a repeat test on April 10th to confirm.
Lost..... Heartbroken....

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

hello im in a similar boat! have 2 sons age 7 and 3 been ttc for two years and counting. didn't even try with my first 2 thought this baby would be a breeze! nope!

we got referred to asst fertility and I had loads of investigations done where they found I only had one ovary and that's polycystic

in the mean time dh had a routine sa which came back very similar to yours, but slightly better as his was 93% inactive.

none of us smoke or drink, look after ourselves, its just come as a huge shock.

we don't qualify for jack all from nhs as dh has a son from prv relationship and we have 2 kids together.

anyway, point of the message is your not alone!

I know how helpless it can feel. they offered us the counselling for infertility service but I just binned the leaflet as to be honest I didn't want to face it !

plus I don't consider myself infertile, the odds are stacked against me and dh but its not over for us yet! were going to keep at it and if its meant to be it will be

chin up hun xxxx

and to us all !!!xxx

10 years ago

Hi ladies! I can't imagine what you both are going through but just wanted to say... You guys are amazing! And an inspiration to all us TTC'ers out there! Just wanted to send happy, sticky vibes to both of you and hang in there!! What will be, will be so don't give up!

Absolutely love your being so positive waiting4#3! You rock!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi candie that was a nice thing to say thank you where are you in your ttc journey?

and to us all !!!xxx

10 years ago

Thanks @wishing, right now I just feel out of hope... Poor DH doesnt even talk much about it now... Just feels so hopeless :-( xxx

Thanks @Candie, I dont feel like much of an inspiration... More like a failure right now. Thank you fir your kind words though xxx

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

10 years ago • Post starter

My Dh is the same. I think if it was an infertility factor affecting just one of us it would be a lot for that person to have on their shoulders. But as circumstances have it we both have issues with fertility. Plus I think male fertility us a very masculine issue, and it's a pride thing with men. Plus they aren't great at talking snout how they feel, my dh especially. Sometimes he's like a closed book. In the first few months, when the odds sunk in I felt hopeless too and like I couldn't even do the most basic of functions as a woman, it's just part of the grieving process
Now I'm accepting of it but do you know what - I've got two amazing boys, with one polycystic ovary. We've already beat the odds TWICE! So who's to say it's not going to happen for us again? it puts a huge amount of stress on a couple, so even if you just come on here to vent your feelings do so as it does help! Xxx

and to us all !!!xxx

10 years ago

Thanks @wishing... What are your hubbies issues hun? And did you conceive after finding out what was wrong? Really am loosing hope now... Had a quote for over £15'000 for 3 cycles of ICSI.. Looking at loans and credit cards but just dont have it.... So down hun x

User Image 1DD 2DS's 1 1

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi hun. They have no explanation for what's going on with Lee, which is so frustrating as we can't correct the problem when.they don't know what it is. Just very minimal amount of sperm. I keep having this thought in my head that if they don't know the problem there's nothing to say it won't correct itself. And no we haven't got pregnant since his diagnosis. I've had a similar quote, about 6k a cycle. But Dh said from day one he didn't want ivf. They also told us, our chance of conception even through ivf wouldn't be great as the quality of the small amount of sperm that was there wasn't brilliant, so they would need to keep collecting and freezing his samples, and fishing out the decent ones. Every time it's about 500 quid a pop. Also, with only one ovary to harvest from, I think we could only ever have two shots at it. We've just come home from a party and my sister's just announced she's expecting. I am really pleased for her but I.had to smile and say congrats with a heavy heart
It's only their third cycle of trying. Ours is cycle 25 :( Im just taking each day as it comes. Some days I'm positive and convince myself it will happen and other days like today Im down about it. We're only human hun. Has dh said much about it since? Xxx

and to us all !!!xxx

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo