Community post

Discussion

My story and what I have learned to help others.

I was pregnant with my first child until June, 2012. I had a hard time getting pregnant because I kept missing my O. The day after I found out I was having a little boy, at 18 weeks, my son passed away. I had to go through labor and delivery, and was rushed in for a D&C. I found out I had a septum in my uterus and had surgery to correct it. I have been pregnant two times since and had early miscarriages. One possibly resulting from being hit by a drunk driver on Christmas a year and a half ago. I have been to a fertility doctor to try to figure out what could be wrong with me. I found out that I have MTHFR. I take a vitamin to correct it, and should be okay. I am weary because I have yet to have one full healthy pregnancy. After I learned what I was doing wrong with my ovulation, I have not had a problem getting pregnant, just staying pregnant.

What has helped me over the years of trying:

*Relaxing, having fun, and having confidence that I will get pregnant this cycle has helped.
*OPK's are amazing things, I would recommend starting testing a couple days sooner than you are now, and use at least two strips a day. (I use the cheapies, then when I receive a positive on the cheap OPK strips, I use a clear blue digital, not advanced I hate the advanced tests, to verify.)
*My cycle is 33 days, I know by now that I ovulate around day 17, however I start having intercourse every other day beginning cycle day 12. I also start testing cycle day 12.
*If we BD every day for fun we will but we make sure to keep it to every other day for the most part so it doesn't feel like a chore and is enjoyable.
*I was told position doesn't matter, have fun, and was told it doesn't matter whether or not you prop yourself up with pillows after. Since in my mind it helps me, I do put pillows under my butt, propping myself up for 20 minutes following intercourse.

I'm sure there are a lot of things I have yet to learn, and there may be better ways of doing things. This is what has helped me in the past and hopefully it will help someone else now, and it won't take you years to get your baby!

I am now in the waiting period and hoping for a BFP. This is my first cycle trying again in almost 9 months, and will see what happens. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully I can find some waiting buddies for positive vibes!

Brittanie Mommy to Damian Lee, passed at 18 weeks, born 06/2012 Two more -Taking vitamins for MTHFR, removed uterine septum, steering clear of drunk drivers, & desperately hoping this next one will be my rainbow baby. PRAYING for all of you to get !

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo