Community post

Discussion

Trigger shot

Hi everyone, I was given the hcg trigger shot, 10000 MIU. I'm extremely tired today and haven't done anything out of the norm. Could this be an early pregnancy symptom or could it be from the shot? Also, how long until the shot was out of your system. My nurse told me up to 12 days but everyone is different. This wait is killing me.

Brittanie Mommy to Damian Lee, passed at 18 weeks, born 06/2012 Two more -Taking vitamins for MTHFR, removed uterine septum, steering clear of drunk drivers, & desperately hoping this next one will be my rainbow baby. PRAYING for all of you to get !

9 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Trigger shot was in the morning on 10/13/2015. Thanks for your responses!

Brittanie Mommy to Damian Lee, passed at 18 weeks, born 06/2012 Two more -Taking vitamins for MTHFR, removed uterine septum, steering clear of drunk drivers, & desperately hoping this next one will be my rainbow baby. PRAYING for all of you to get !

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi Brittanie,
I also had the trigger shot, 10,000 IU on Oct 13 but at 10 pm. It is normal to feel tired and have cramps after the HCG shot. My guess is for both of us ovulation happened on Thursday, Oct 15. This will put us at 3 dpo today, Sunday. Implantation itself does not happen earlier than 6 dpo and after that the HCG (from a beginning pregnancy) first has to rise before you can experience true pregnancy symptoms. I always get a progesterone blood test one week after ovulation (7dpo). At that time my dr checks for HCG too. In my case the HCG from the trigger shot is always gone by that time. Now this may be different for you, it all depends on how quickly your body metabolizes the trigger shot. It's definitely safe to wait at least until 10 dpo before doing a pregnancy test. Best wishes and good luck!

8 years ago

Mozart advice is spot on with what I've learned from RE's. My trigger 10000 miu took a solid 7to9 days. I had a positive at 10 dpo, 7dp3dt. Good luck ladies

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your help!

Good luck ladies! Hope all goes well!

Hopefully you girls are still here, I took a hpt this morning. It was positive and I know it's still the shot because I have been testing it out of my system. I was actually hoping for a negative but the line is getting lighter. Have either of you tested it out of your system so when you get a positive test you know it's real? As long as I use fmu could the line disappear and come back with a false positive? Am I literally wasting my time and stressing about it when it won't do me any good to test it out? I appreciate your help, this is the first response i have had on my topics on this site.

My lines gradually faded out until about 7 or so. Then ever so faintly began to get a smidgen darker. Then it was very bright at 7dp3dt. Gl! Jus keep testing. Have faith.

8 years ago

Hi Brittanie, I have never tested out my trigger shot. I just don't like extra stress. I wait until I see my dr for a pregnancy blood test two weeks after ovulation so I can discontinue progesterone injections if test comes back negative. Keep us updated on your trigger shot testing!

8 years ago

Hi ladies wondering if I'm going crazy had a 25 mcg trigger Nov 3 and have been testing it out of my system yesterday morning I could barely see a line my DH even laughed at me this morning I took a frer and I can still see a line faintly but darker than yesterday. Could this still be thr trigger or could it be a actual positive. I'm going crazy at this point.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo