Community post

Discussion

Anyone with hypothyroidism

TTC 8 months just went to reproductive endocrinologist turns out thyroid is off due to prenatals slowing down synthoid uptake. They just upped my synthroid to 75 MC Anyone in my shoes and did it work? I'm hoping I found the culprit finally!!!

Jacks

9 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

You are the first person I know, who posted about hypothyroidism. All this while I thought, I was the only one...

I know that TSH level of less than 2 is favorable for pregnancy and one must adjust synthroid dose to achieve that. Whether it works, I wont know..

I hope and pray, this finding sets you on the path to a healthy pregnancy :)

Good luck!!!!

10 years ago

I have Hashimoto's disease which makes me hypothyroid. I have been treated for a year and my levels were normal in July and last month they went to 5.1. I increased dosage so I hope that helps.

The thyroid is easily treated but finding the right dose of medicine can be the toughest part. I have been told several times that once my levels are 1-2, I shouldn't have any problem getting pregnant. I just started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist to rule out any other fertility issues. I also see my endocrinologist every 3-4 month's.

10 years ago

Hi pbc,

Do you mind me asking if you know of hashimoto ladies with healthy children? Did they have trouble conceiving?
I am curious.. since TPO's are known to fidel with fetal growth..

Thanks!!

10 years ago

hi all. i also have hypothyroidism and have been told by my gynaecologist that ideally tsh should be between 1 and 2 when trying to conceive. the main problem is getting your doses correct. i had been on 50mcg since diagnosed in 2009 and since trying to conceive my levels had initially been well over 5. one time even being 16. it will inhibit ovulation occuring so getting the optimum level is vital to ensure conceiving and also to ensure carrying a baby to term as high levels can also lead to miscarriage. i am now on 100mcg and my levels have so far come down to 3.9 so will be getting my levels checked again on fri so hopefully i will be between 1 and 2. fingers crossed. and i know a colleague at work who is hypo for years and has 3 healthy girls!!!

10 years ago

Thank you for all of your responses. My TSH was 6 (high)hopefully the extra synthroid will help get this number down. Also my FSH levels came back good 5.6 ( egg quality) but my AMH is in the low range (1.0). I think that's my egg reserve. Do you think this is linked to my TSH level? I'm nervous now. Good luck to you all. A friend of a friend got pregnant right away after increasing her synthroid. Fingers crossed :)

Jacks

10 years ago • Post starter

I've been TTC for a year now with no luvh, I have Drs appts next week to check my thyroid measures as I have hypothyroidism. I also want to get my fertility checked out.
CB ovulation monitor indicates I do ovulate but even with that we can't pin point the right day to try.
it's been frustrating :(

10 years ago

Hi guys! Been trying to find posts about thyriod (either hypo or hyper). My doc recently put me on Eltroxin and says this should help with conceiving. I was diagnosed with Graves Disease late last year and had to undergo surgery. But now it seems that my levels are dropping drastically (some of the side effects). Hence the Eltroxin now. I have been going normally for the past 3 cycles and tests showed that I do ovulate. My OB/GYN says our timing for intercourse with my DH could be off...so he suggested the skip days in-between O-week. @sarah.spencer1980 Maybe you and your partner need to perhaps try the evenly spread out of days when it comes to O-week. Use the Intercourse Timing Calculator and see which days to have intercourse. This might help. I'm hopeless when it comes to pin-pointing which day I ovulate. Doc says CD14...well...I dunno. But my DH and I will be doing as he has instructed. And fingers and toes crossed hope we conceive...we'll get our December 2014 baby!

26 May 2014 - | 30 May 2014 - CP | 30 June 2014 -  BabyFruit Ticker

10 years ago

Hello,
My dr increased my synthroid from 50 to 75 then 88 micro grams. I'm 6 weeks pregnant now ð???they raised my synthroid to 100 mcg now. It will continue to increase throughout the pregnancy. When it comes to the thyroid I learned never take generic medications. I demand synthroid. Good luck to you!!

Jacks

10 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies .,

Hypothyroidism with excess weight. Now since 4 mo i am taking thyronorm 50mcg.

And now that my levels are normal , we are actively ttc since this mo..

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo