Community post

Discussion

My baby died at 2 days old :(((((

One month ago my beautiful daughter Stella Rose, who was perfectly healthy my whole pregnancy, stopped moving so much. I was 28 weeks and 3 days pregnant and it was the worst moment if my life. I found out she had fetal hydrops and was filling up with fluid. To avoid uterine rupture they had to do an old school vertical incision on my uterus immediately. She fought for her life for 2 whole days. It's been the hardest and darkest days of our lives. This was my first pregnancy ever. My DH and I had been TTC for 18 months before we got pregnant through using clomid and IUI. We are devastated and our lives will never be the same. I have limited eggs and my doctor says to wait 6 months to TTC. I'm scared to death but must try again. Anyone have any advice?

Missing my baby girl Stella Rose

Jacks

11 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

I dont have any advice for u, but I did want to let u know how very sorry I am for ur loss. U are a very strong woman for making it through such an ordeal and wanting to try again. I wish u all the best in ur future, and many happy and healthy pregnancies along the way.

9 years ago

I am so sorry to hear your loss. I am not very religuous, but for a situation like this you got to put your faith in God and pray for Him to help aid in your decision. I have a friend who lost their baby girl to crib death when she was 3 months old. After much fear and tons of prayer, they had another baby 2 years later and he is now 7 years old and healthy (not to mention he also now has 2 little healthy brothers too)
Talk you your doctor about your fears, he/she is the best one to help you settle those fears.

<<<<hugs>>>> and best wishes for the future.

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you both for your kind words

Jacks

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss! You will always have the most special guardian angel looking down upon you! Baby dust & many thoughts & prayers!

9 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter at 19 weeks and delivered her on 7/10/14. DH and I are currently ttc. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me.

9 years ago

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.. God will bless you with a little miracle one day. Do not give up on your dream to be a mommy. No matter how long it takes. Good luck to you & god bless.

9 years ago

You asked if anyone had any advice...I am going to speak from a faith perspective as that is the only way I can give advice.

I was afraid of losing a child or of not living long enough to raise another with the same length of life we did our others (we are trying again at a time we will be considered "late in lifers" this time and folks keep warning me about the "statistics" about trying again late in life). I heard the Heavenly Father tell me in my Spirit..." I can't raise them up if they never were." I immediately lost all fear... Sweet lady, your baby can and will be raised up again because she was...even if only for those two difficult days. And what will be restored to her will be FULL and only good, not bittersweet as our lives are now for most of us. Take comfort in that knowledge.

In the meantime, pursue joy, hope, and fulfillment as you are able, as soon as you are able and without the fear in the situation. That is my prayerfelt and humble advice for you. (((hug)))

9 years ago

I'm so sorry for ur loss i had a mc last month i was only a few months along but it was the most horrible thing i could have gone through i know one day i will get to meet my baby till then she i watching over us from heaven n so is ur beautiful baby girl God bless n good luck

9 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my son last year at 38w4d due to a placental abruption. I'm in a support group, and one of my good friends lost her daughter to hydrops. Do you have any kind of support group in your area? I don't know what I would have done this past year without making the connections with people who have also had to bury their child. Please know that your can message me at any time!

9 years ago

I lost my daughter during delivery to a shoulder distocia. It is a rare complication and mine ended with her not making it. She was born 2 days after her due date and was absolutely perfect in every way. I miss her terribly down to the core of my being. Those emotions are so powerful and raw at times they are overwhelming. It has been a life changing 7 months. I give it up to god. Without my faith I would be lost. I am also surrounded by good friends and family. We are ttc now. This is the first month of serious trying. I read sperm meets egg which is free on amazon and has really good advice for ttc after a loss. Our experience is very different than an early miscarriage. Both are devastating but very different. Burying a child is one of the most unfair things in the world. I can say that it gets easier in some ways as time goes on. Anytime you need a friend I'm here for you.

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo