Community post

Discussion

'Pregnant 1-2' yesterday, followed by 'not pregnant' today?!

View Full Post

Hi,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months. I am 34 (nearly 35) he is 38. Previously I was pill for 18 years!

Yesterday I was 11dpo. With FMU I tested two cheap internet dip sticks and they had VERY faint lines. I uploaded the images to this site and 84% of peeps said it looked positive, so when I got home (after not drinking or peeing for 3 hours) I did two more dip tests and again a very faint line appeared, so I decided to use one of the Clear Blue Digitial tests that I had bought a few days ago. It came up 'pregnant 1-2'! I was so happy and told hubby when he got home from work, who was also really happy!

I have been charting my BBT and my temps have been going up and up, this morning (12dpo) it was 36.85, it has never been this high, and this time last month it had dropped back down by 11dpo ready for period a few days later (I have 29 day cycles average). So a high reading this morning looked really promising!

However I did another Clear Blue Digital test this morning with FMU and it said 'not pregnant', and the dip sticks had faint line, but looked a bit fainter than yesterday I think, but hard to tell.

So now I'm confused! Have I had an early loss and would it show a difference that quickly, just over night? Although I was having some crazy cramps yesterday evening, but then I've been getting mild cramps through whole of luteal phase.

Or was one of the tests lying to me? Remember the positive test was with afternoon pee and the negative was with first morning pee! ...so I'm stumped. I'm assuming this morning's 'negative' is correct though as in theory the morning pee should be stronger?

Hubby is off work today, so he's going to go and buy me some more tests to do when I get in from work this evening and tomorrow morning. If they come back with a mixture of answers then I will see doctor, if they all say negative then I think I will believe them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still be pregnant, or is a negative a 'negative'!

xx

89 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 89 Replies | Last Page

Oooo AF has arrived this morning full force!!! Thanks for the warning spotting ????, not. Well I have my answer then! I hope you'll keep me updated of your ttc journey! I'm more than happy with my 2 girls, so not too worried about a third, but you just never know!

9 years ago

Oh, that's a shame!! :( ...it obviously wasn't meant to be for either of us!

Of course I'll update you, I'm hopeful for this cycle! :)

xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Yes! Can't wait to hear! Don't know that I'll have another scare any time soon but if I do I'll let you know! Ha

9 years ago

So my started to feel really sick yesterday and last night with severe pains in my right abdomen. At first blamed it on AF, but got so bad I went to the ER and the did an emergency appendectomy (I'm allergic to iodine and the couldn't see anything on the ct scan besides a lot of liquid which turned out to be blood). Any ways turned out it was a ruptured cyst that pooling blood at my appendix. They couldn't see the hole on the ovary because the think it was on posterior side. They said it was also why I was getting the faint line on the preg tests. So my personal guess is that I didn't even ovulate.

No bueno day!

9 years ago

Oh my gosh!! That is not was what I was expecting to read!!

that sounds terrible, I hope you're ok now?! It's a good job you went to ER!!

Wishing you a fast recovery!!! xx

Thanks, so random. I don't do many things for 6 weeks like pick up my 2 year. Going to be a tough one! Not upset about no gym though. Haha

9 years ago

Yep, good excuse to rest and relax! Get well soon! x

So, following last month's chemical pregnancy, it's now a whole new month and I'm at 11dpo today.

I've taken a cheapie internet dip test with FMU and there was an extremely faint line, so I took a First Response with the same pee, there is also a faint line!! It's faint but it's definitely there! ...I'm trying to not get too excited as I got a bfp on 11dpo last month and my 14dpo it was negative, so hoping and praying this one sticks!!

It's come as a surprise to me really as last month I really thought I was pregnant, this month I didn't! Although have been on holiday in Itsly for a week (got back yesteday) and I had a bad diarrhoea followed by constipation and really bad gas!! (Sorry TMI!) I thought it was due to over eating all the yummy Italian food, that I'm not used to, but now I'm thinking maybe it was because of early pregnancy hormones!

I'll test again tomorrow. Please stick!!!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey hey!!! That's awesome!!! Were you tempt charting this month? Some tws I think when you aren't thinking about it as much that's when it gets you! I'm saying sticky prayers!!! Gosh I can't wait to hear!!! Y'all are fertile!! Haha

I'm still on recovery for several more weeks! After all this happened though it made me drop back and punt on the third. I think we are done and talking about adoption in a few years. Wouldn't want a newborn though, maybe a 3-5 year old so we need our kids to be a little older!

8 years ago

Pleased to hear you're on the road to recovery! :)

I think adoption is such a lovely thing to do. If it turned out for any reason that it didn't happen for us, we would definitely adopt. It's nice that you want a slightly older child as well, not a baby, as I expect most want babies, and the rest overlooked more?!

I'll keep you posted! I've just been and stocked up on FRERs! Stick, stick, stick!!! :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo