Community post

Discussion

Last day of clomid today, should I take some for cm?

Today is my last day of my first cycle of 100mg clomid. Just wondering if I should take something for my cm. I've read some ladies saying it drys them out and that's obvi not a good place for sperm.

Any help?!?? Thanks ladies. Baby dust!

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I've done 3 rounds @ 100mg so far, and still have 2 more days before this round is done, but I never noticed much change in cm as far as dryness goes. I did notice its more watery than ewcm now tho. If u wanna try something for cm, look for GLA (gamma linolenic acid), its an Omega-6 fatty acid and is what aids in cm production. U can find it in Evening Primrose Oil (capsule), but the amount of GLA isnt very high. Borage Seed Oil (capsule) is ridiculously high in GLA's, so if u can find that, it would be ur best bet...less pills to swallow as well. =))

Ummm, increasing ur water intake will help as well. And worst case scenario, pick up some sperm-friendly lube. Pre-seed is the best one, imo.

Hope that helps! Good luck! =))

10 years ago

Thanks for your help! I'm hoping that I get my bfp this month! What days did you take your clomid? Did you do u/s to check your follicles?

10 years ago • Post starter

when i finished my clomid this month, i took Mucinex. around my ovulation days.. as soon as my opks started getting darker, I started it.. and didn't quit until about 2dpo. it must've worked, because i got my bfp today!

Titus Archer 10/3/2012 - my stillborn TTC #2 - 9/16/2013 Hoping for a and that this will be my take home baby!

10 years ago

Mucinex? Like the medicine for colds? Wouldn't hurt to try! Congrats! That's great news!

10 years ago • Post starter

I took the clomid from 2-7 and my O day was always 7 or 8 days after my last pill (bbt confirms). I'm not monitored, no U/S's etc. I have used Benylin Mucus & Phlegm for cm in past cycles, but it doesnt help with the production of, just the thinning of. So it's only gonna thin out whatever u already make. For that, the dose is 200mg of guaifenesin (only active ingredient) 3x a day for 5 days up to O. U dont wanna be taking it for too long, it is something that ur body doesnt need, esp if ur not sick, so u dont wanna over do it.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo