Community post

Discussion

First time seeing a doctor for ttc. What do I say?

Hi ladies my DPand I have been ttc naturally for almost a year now with one mc in October last year. Before we started ttc I was diagnosed with pcos though my last three cycles have been quite regular but with extra long AF between 7-14 days. I'm not entirely sure what happens next. What do I say to my doctor and what will my doctor do for us? And also quite unsettled at the fact that I might get judged because I'm already a young parent. I'm scared he might say nasty things like you already have your hands full at a young age and so on. (Which was not my choice but is my choice now) I adopted my niece in 2014 who came into my care at the age of 2 weeks in 2013. I just need some advice ladies

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Earanmoc,

It sounds like you've done a wonderful thing adopting the baby, no doctor could judge you for that. It's the Doctor's job to help you and if you've been ttc for 12 months or more then you're as entitled as anyone else to their help! I imagine the doctor will offer to test your partners sperm and then give you tests to check you're ovulating and try to pin point reasons (if there are any).

Best of luck and don't stress about what other people would think, look after your own health and go and get the help you want.

xx

9 years ago

Thank you that helps a lot

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo