Community post

Discussion

Do u experience Mittelschmerz?

so ive had them all my life. but I have noticed some months ill have the pain twice per cycle. I know its not a good way to pinpoint O but its pretty accurate sometimes. so just wondering what u think?

so lets assume im gonna have a 28 day cycle. (my cycles have been off lately. last month my cycle lasted 27 days. month b4 was 30). ok...

1st mittelschmerz is cd13
O is the 14th
2nd mittelschmerz cd16

what day do u think I actually O? theres so much talk on the internet. some say u cant O twice a cycle, some do. some don't fully O the 1st time so it happens the 2nd time. and now theres talk abt us having waves of follicles. ugh. sometimes I just wish it was easy as 1,2,3. lol

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I experience ovulation pains but usually only once. One month I was sure I ovulated twice though as I had O pains again several days later.
Do you use OPK kits to determine you O on day 14? I don't use them anymore but I guess it would let you know if you did O either or both times?
I know what you mean that you wish it was simple, I laugh when I look back at how vigilant I was with birth control before I realised how hard it can be to actually fall pregnant! :)

10 years ago

I know, right? lol. no I don't use any opks but I think if I get my af, I will start next cycle. I just don't even know how all that works. I read some girls have issues themselves trying to understand their cycles w opks. like do I start using them as soon as I stop bleeding or on cd1?

10 years ago • Post starter

When I used them I knew my cycle was fairly regular so I started on about CD10, but for a few months I tested twice a day so I wouldn't miss the surge.
Personally I use the O pains and CM to detect ovulation, but charting your temp is probably more effective, I'm just too lazy! I think if your cycle is fairly regular then you would have a fair indication of when it's likely to happen anyway. OPK's can make it even more stressful from my experience. It sounds as if you are in tune with your body so trust that. Good luck! :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo