Community post

Discussion

the aftermath of a miscarriage

Im official a week late. 5 weeks no sign of af on her way.
How long did it take u to get ur first period after a miscarriage???

9 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

My first cycle after miscarriage was 36 days which is just slightly longer than my average. Did you see any signs of ovulation?

10 years ago

I've had three miscarriages and with all of them I'm sure my period came back within a couple/few weeks of loosing my babies

User Image

10 years ago

im on day 36 now. my average is 27/28 days. as for ovulation, I noticed my cm 3 different times. 1st rite after losing baby (it was a lot), 2nd slightly around my 16/17 day. and the last 2 days. its a lot actually. im kinda wondering if im ovulating now??? but that's abt it. what other signs is there besides bbt and checking cervix position?

my last possible day of conceiving was jan 2nd. so ive been trying to hold out on taking another hpt til maybe wed. but every day that passes, makes me just want to run to a store n buy more test. lol

10 years ago • Post starter

After I miscarried I bled from September 8th to November 18th NONSTOP. Heave horrible bleeding it was terrible. I stopped bleeding on the 19th then started again on the 25th. When I went to to doctor on the 27th they did an ultrasound and told me that it was a "normal period" I conceived on Dec 9th with my current pregnancy and am hoping things go smoothly.

Everyone is different. My body needed to bleed forever apparently. Typically it's said anywhere from 4-8 weeks is normal. Mine was extreme and terrible (then again I miscarried naturally instead of opting for the D&C).

User Image

10 years ago

I guess its just like tww. Its horrible not knowing n having to wait. Im hoping im just pregnant thats y I haven't gotten my period. I miscarried naturally also but fortunately I only bled for 3 days, n it was mostly spotting. But my normal periods aren't heavy anyways. But my boobs feel normal, so I really doubt im pregnant :(

Any news Kitten??

Mine were like this:
- Stillbirth October 2009: AF came 41 days later
- MMC July 2012: AF came 21 days after D&C
- MC August 2012: AF came 33 days after
- CP October 2013: AF came 7 days after BFP, 28 days after first bleed
- CP November 2013: HCG was not rising, AF came 4 days after BFP (stopped progesterone)
- CP December 2013: HCG was not rising, AF came 4 days after BFP (stopped progesterone)

Hope she shows soon for you!!!

10 years ago

Thx onemore. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Im on day 40 now, still nothing. Took another hpt, just in case. Neg. Idk how long should I wait b4 talking to a dr abt this.

With my stillbirth (June 2013) my OBGYN placed me on mydroxyprogestorin. I hope I spelled that right, because my A/F didn't show for 2 months so he wanted to kick start me.

I miscarried in Oct (2013) and got my A/F back in 4 weeks.

The wait can be scary and emotionally draining. Thank goodness for our local support groups and sites such as this one.

I hope everything works out for you, and I'm sending baby dust your way.

10 years ago

Adamsland, is that a pill or shot? Im probably gonna need a drs help soon. Day 56 and nada.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo