Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part13

View Full Post

Lucky 13!!

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 12 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=26484

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

556 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

481 - 490 of 556 Replies | Last Page

Welcome thisisme87! Your Dr. prob thinks because your levels have been so high there is no need to check every month. When I was on clomid I was only checked the first month to make sure it was going to work for me. My Dr. told me to just use the opk's and if I didn't get a positive by day 20 to call and they would do a progesterone check. The 3rd month I was on it I didn't get a positive opk so I had to go in and sure enough my level was really low. I don't know why it worked the first 2 months and not the 3rd month.

10 years ago

In other news, I am on day 1 of cycle 2 on the letrozole sigh my husband finally went in and had the SA done yesterday so we are anxiously awaiting the results. This is the last piece of the puzzle. He is convinced it will be bad. What are the odds of 2 people having fertility issues? It's got to be rare. I can't help but think god must really not want us to have a baby. LOL I can't help but laugh at that.

10 years ago

I know Shelob what you mean, mine was very well doubled because it started well, but on 12th week I was told that the embryo was stopped on 9th week. Pregnancy is a hard path full of exams, which you should follow. Each successive step is good news, but also each good news doesn t mean that also the next exams will be good. but the most important is that each good news, lessens the possibilities of the next exams to be bad!

10 years ago

kethryes that must have been so hard for you :( In some ways I suppose it was a blessing for us to know there were issues from the start (slow growth, not doubling betas, spotting). It meant when the worst happened we had already gone through part of the grieving process.

thisisme87 I agree with MammaD29, if your levels are consistently good it means you are consistently ovulating. All they are doing that test for is to check you ovulated. I had 7 cycles of clomid and for 6 of them they wanted to check my progesterone because they never quite believed I was good at charting my own cycle. They wanted hard numbers. The 7th one I was out of the country so no blood test.

MommaD29 I think both partners with a problem actually happens in a third of the cases of infertility where they have identified the issue. We both have a problem. I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm and bad motility. Despite that, you can get pregnant!

10 years ago

MammaD29, good luck with your DH' s tests.

Shelob, mc is bad in both cases.

We have started TTC again. I am confused. I dont know if I have the strength to start over again. I dont know if I can have planned intercourses again! My DH seems to think the same. Last night, for the first time of our long relationship, he couldnt do it and he told me that he was sad because we missed a good fertile day! All this planned intercoursing path made us to feel that we are reproductive machines and not lovers!
I am too old to take our time!

10 years ago

Well we got good news on my husbands sa! He had already convinced himself it was going to be bad so he was shocked when it came back good. I think he had something like 60 million swimming sperm. It is more of a miracle that out of all those not one has made it! So I guess we will just keep trying and hopefully get lucky sometime soon.

9 years ago

MammaD29 that is great! Hopefully that gives you a morale boost!

kethryes the research I have read proved that there was absolutely no difference in the chances of pregnancy in couples who had timed intercoursse and those who didn't. If you can't cope with it I would suggest you try to not do that for a cycle or two. At the very least it might relax you both again. I think that that study was done with healthy women with no known issues though. I know for us if we didn't have timed intercourse we would barely ever hit the fertile week! But if you tend to have sex at least a couple of times a week then there is no reason not to just doi it when you feel like it. Of course that is easier said than done when you recognise the signs and know when you are ovulating!

9 years ago

MammaD29, I am happy with your news! Good luck!!!!

Shelob, thanx for your response and advice. That time's stress is gone, and fortunately we enjoyed our next intrecourses.
I am on DPO 14, waiting for AF to show. hoping not to show.
What 's your news? How is the pregnancy going?
I am sure everything will go perfect for you!!!!

9 years ago

Thanks girls! I def do feel more relaxed about everything now there there is basically nothing wrong with us. I feel like if we just keep doing it, we will eventually get pregnant. I hope. One of my friends who has been trying for 6 years is now 4 months along. The Dr.s never did find a reason for why they weren't successful the first 6 years. I have my fingers crossed for you kethryes! I am on day 16. I haven't been doing ovulation tests this month since I was out camping for the last week but I think I am right around o day. Feeling like this might finally be my month.

9 years ago

kethryes I am so glad you got to enjoy things again! Hopefully you won't need to go through that problem again for a long time! 14dpo...That was the day I strongly suspected I was pregnant. By 15dpo I knew it. How are you feeling?

I am pretty good this morning. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday. Spent most of the day in bed. I was off work as I had been unwell and a super busy week caught up with me. I slept really well last night though and am now feeling reenergised. Good thing too as my brother (who we live with) is coming back from a holiday today (been away over 2 weeks) and we are going round to my parents' for dinner tonight. This means I will have to hide what I am feeling (nausea, aversions, fatigue) from lots of people who know me well. It will be interesting to see if my brother notices the changes in my routines (sometimes going to bed at 7:30pm, getting up multiple times in the night, not eating the same meals as my husband) it was probably good he has been away while I was going through the worst of the nausea!

MammaD29 I am so glad you are feeling better about things. Hope you catch this month!!!! I have a few friends who have been trying for ridiculously long times as well and no clear reasons why it is taking so long. My 2.4 years pales in comparison!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo