Community post

Discussion

SEX TTC... everyday or every other?!?

Ladies I need your advice... my fertile time is right around the corner and I am trying to find out if it is better to have sex everyday during my fertile week or every other in order to increase my chances of BFP!? I have been researching so many different sides and I don't want to miss it, but I don't want to over do it either. This is our 2nd month ttc and we are using pre-seed and opk's. Please share your thoughts because your help is needed! Thanks!

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I asked the same question recently. I am in my fertile period now- got a positive OPK on Tues. We've bd's everyday since Monday, and will again tonight. Tomorrow is a rest day and then we'll bd again on Sat.

From what I can gather from alot of different sources, if your partner has a health sperm count and no known fertility issues, it's ok to try as often as you're able. Otherwise, it's ok to try every other day.

I have seen some boards that say bd multiple times a day over the fertile period and while that sounds fun ()
I think it's a bit overkill!

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hello when I was trying to conceive with my other kids... my husband and I baby dance right after my period ended and we didn't stop until 3 days after my ovulatiion..We only baby dance in the morning tho..We wanted to cover all the days just in case if I would happen to ovulated early or later...I did get my BFP and now hoping it happen again this time=)

TO U!!!

12 years ago

I just saw my ob/gyn on Tuesday and she says every other day.....But I guess if it's your time then it will happen no matter what. Everyone does different things and it works for them....GOOD LUCK

JACQUELYN to ALL OF YOU!!! [url=http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com]User Image[/url

12 years ago

Well g'luck! We are older (37 and 40) and I have some autoimmune issues that have led to fertility issues. My husband had his SC checked years ago and was told all was well. SOOOO, I agree, if hubby is healthy then BD every day.

NOW, we've been ttc for a long time ... 1.5 years this last time, 7 years overall! We got a BFP by narrowing down ovulation days using OPKs and then BD'ing MORNING NOON AND NIGHT for two days around O and two days before +opk, we BD every night for two nights. Also, I didn't use any preseed or cups but I did make sure to stay horizontal for an 45 minutes after. We just got grandparents to stay with the kiddos, checked into a nice hotel for the weekend and had FUN!

As I say, it worked for us and good luck in all this!

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

12 years ago

all of my close gfs that conceived bd everyday some multiple times daily so we are doing the same, mainly because we are newly weds so works for us :)

tubes clear hubby SA perfect ttc for 2 years clomid cycle 1 , 50 mg cd5-9, Ocd15 BF?

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo