Community post

Discussion

How to get pregnant now...advice needed!?!?

I am ttc #1 and today AF showed up :(. So I am wondering if anyone has advice about how to conceive faster! My husband and BD-ed every day during my ovulation week. We used the ovulation kits and felt really good about the timing. I even layed w/my hips tilited up for over an hour after everytime. We also tried pre-seed. What is wrong here??? I really need some tips because this has been the longest month ever and round 2 is right around the corner again! Thanks!

12 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

How long have you been ttc? if this is your first month i wouldnt sweat...i know that you want to get pregnant right away. we all do. but it can take a healthy couple up to a year to concieve. from my experience (with friends and family because i have been ttc for 3 yrs unsuccessfully) 4 months has been the magic ttc number for 90 precent of them.

but among the list of things to try are:

-pinnapple core durring tww
-grapefruit juice
-soy isoflavones (what i take to make me O)
-fertility massage
-yoga
-prenatal vitamins
-evening primrose oil
-taking a trip
-talking to your ovaries, uterus, ect...(it worked for a lady on this site)
-accupressure
-stopping smoking
-aspirin (do not take if you are doing the pinapple core)
-instead soft cups
-BD 3 consecutive days after your LH surge too
-consuming more dairy
-clomid (only if your doc prescribes it) (soy is nature's clomid and id deffinatly recommend it)
- mucinx or robutussin (what i take also)
-some say fertility bracelets work...havent for me
-elevated hips
-No oral during fertile period
-abstaining from BD until fertile period
-have DH drink caffine about 1hr before BD
-Digital OPKs (i got a negative on a strip OPK but used the same urin for a digi and got a BFP...i would have missed my surge had it not been for that and i need all the opportunities i can get)

Hope some of these help! and

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Even in healthy couples the percetage of actually concieving is only 10% each time....... so it can take several months even if you are doing it perfectly! I am still ttc #1 after 8 months!

12 years ago

Im going for having sex every other day throughout the whole cycle, i read that sex every day is too much and having too little does not make a mans sperm healthy. We started the every other day thing this month so hopefully on month 3 his sperm will be really healthy. Its hard work when youve been in a 6 year relationship. Weve started using sasmar plus lube which is sperm friendlyand quite fun. Next on the list are instead softcups to keep the little fellas in. The idea is not to try so hard then it might happen. Hopefully you and i an all the other gals out there will get there In the near near future

12 years ago

Thanks ladies for all of your advice. I really appreciate you all taking the time to help a complete stranger! I will be trying some of your suggestions this month and hopefully BFP for all in a few weeks :).

12 years ago • Post starter

You are very welcome! what all are you going to try? keep us posted!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the tips nursejones!

I was wondering how one should take the mucinx or robutussin? I might give that a try next month if I don't get a BFP this time

Another thing, what are softcups?! lol I'm still pretty new in the whole TTC thing and have lots to learn

Yudelka User Image

12 years ago

Courtney, I feel u honey! I am trying to give myself a good shake right now ( a slap actually!), we have only just decided to ttc#1 and Im getting my knickers in a knot already thinking about it! I think the excitement of starting to try brings about an urgency with it and weve just got to try to relax. Theres no magic wand and it will happen when it happens. I feel like now the time has finally come for me to have a baby ( I am now 35 so it has been a later decision than most for the 1st baby) I just want to get pregnant a.s.a.p. so I can stop worrying about what ifs...Ive just bought my supplies ready .... pregnancy book, ovulation tests, pregnancy tests and hubby`s bought my all important supplements folic acid etc...we are both fit as a fiddle and so ready! Emotionally right now Im getting it all from reading everyones notes on this forum and Im feeling everyones angst, disappointment, joy, despair, relief, elation, desperation, frustration....and so on...it`s unreal. I never thought Id get to the stage in my life when I felt so badly about wanting a child. So, do what Im doing, give yourself a shake, its early days, just got to try to enjoy the build up and put some positive energy in there and feel blessed with where you are at in your life right now, how much you are loved and how blessed you are for the future. x

User Image

12 years ago

and yeah, Yudelka asked what are softcups? I dont know either....sounds like a bra or some sorts....

User Image

12 years ago

for info about using softcups for conceiving:

http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/instead-softcup-p-49.html

12 years ago

Thank you Crimsonredlust!! now I know, going to put it on my list

TurkishDelight, to you!!

Yudelka User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo