Community post

Discussion

Just not interested in the same hobbies I had before TTC

Hello there, I'm new here. I'm in my 3rd cycle TTC, and as much as I'm trying to stay sane during the 2ww...or just stay sane at any point, I'm simply no longer interested in the same things I was once into, so I'm finding it VERY difficult to distract myself. I used to bellydance, paint, sew, garden, throw cute tea parties, and so on.
Now I'm not even remotely interested in these things, and not interested in hanging out with my group of fun, single or not-TTC friends. Actually I have no TTC friends. The rest of my friends already have toddlers or school-aged children. I also haven't told many people that I'm TTC because I don't want DH and I to end up being that couple that everyone feels sorry for (in case it doesn't happen).
So my question is, does anyone have any tips on living regular life again while waiting to conceive? I feel like a freak!

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I can relate. I've been TTC for a few years off and on. When I get obsessive, which I admit I have a tendency to do, it can be very hard to do anything but wait for that BFP.

I realized I was waiting on the BFP like it was a train- that if i wasn't sitting right there at the station that I would miss it.

I'm working on changing my thinking to wrap my head around the idea that the baby is going to develop or not no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I suppose you could say I take the train station with me :)

Sometimes I think 'this might be the last time I grocery shopped before I knew', or 'this might be the last time I can sit and sew in the quiet'. It helps make the moments BEFORE the knowing just as important to me as the ones that follow after.

You're definitely aren't alone in feeling 'focused'!

11 years ago

Well, I think you are starting to become a Mom.

I don't have kids yet, but I think when you are TTC or become a Mom your world changes anyways.

Maybe it's your own way of gearing you up to be a Mom and how much your life is going to change.

I think it's okay and maybe you will take up other hobbies, ones that include your future children.

Does that make sense? I hope so.

Good luck! And here's to change :)

11 years ago

Thank you ladies. This was my first time posting a forum topic and I'm glad I did. Your advice has been very valuable.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo