Community post

Discussion

Ovarian tumor (in the only ovary I have left)

I am 35 and had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed at age 16 due to a large tumor (8 lbs). Been TTC since last December, and recently discovered I have another tumor (5.5cm) in my "good" ovary. (Doctor said "tumor" not "cyst" BTW) Went to imaging center the same day for ultrasound but results not yet in. I'm very nervous. I go back to gyn next Tuesday, at which point I guess I'll find out if they have to remove the ovary or what they will do about the tumor. I've heard that if they were to freeze my eggs (in case they have to remove the ovary), they would only fertilize as many eggs as needed for IVF. This is important for me because I wouldn't want any embryos destroyed. I know next to nothing about egg freezing. If anyone has had a similar experience or any insights, I would be very grateful to hear about it.

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Well, this must be a rare thing because I didn't get any replies. In case this happens to anyone who views this post in the future, I want to share that today my gyn said the tumor shrunk by 1 cm, and gave me the go ahead to keep TTC!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hey, I read your post, and as expected did not reply because I knew little. But it would be good to know how you get on, the best thing you can do in TTC is stay positive and hopeful, (I probably needn't say).

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

10 years ago

I just read your topic and although I have no advise for you as I couldn't imagine being in your position...all I can say is good luck hun. Thought I had is bad with endometriosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you, to be able to have a baby naturally. Stay positive be healthy and what will be will be. Everything happens for a reason...something I learned the hard way. xo

mommatobeeof3

10 years ago

Thank you ladies. I got good news last week, the tumor shrunk by nearly 1cm and my obgyn said it had a much better look to it, so she said we could actually TTC naturally. Next ultrasound in 3 weeks to check the tumor.

10 years ago • Post starter

This is my first ever post (after creeping for a long time!!) but I felt that it was important to tell you to keep trying! I had cysts and things that were monitored via ultrasound for years before I tried for my first child. I got pregnant the second cycle and had a totally normal pregnancy. Was lucky enough to have an OB that scheduled a c-section to do a cystectomy at the same time and remove a larger cyst they had been watching for awhile. Took my daughter out, and noticed a cyst that had been totally undetected but looked suspicious. Six weeks later, I'm sitting in the exam room with my little post-partum checklist (birth control, exercise, sex) when she tells me that there were pre-cancerous cells and I would need to have a major operation to remove my right ovary, fallopian tube, and omendum. My daughter was 8 weeks old when I went back in. Full sedation, 4 day hospital stay. I was devastated but felt lucky at the same time. It took longer to conceive our second (about 18 months) but he was born in July 2012 and we are (happily!) pregnant again. I would never be so trite as to say miracles happen or things happen for a reason, but hang in there and do your best on this ttc journey. If I had believed all there is to read on the internet, I would have given up trying for our second and never even dreamed to be pregnant with my third. Good luck!!

10 years ago

two years have passed after last posts. Apple and Facebook made eggs freezing as a mainstream topic. and now there is a great choice of fertility clinics that do that. For those who need eggs freezing here is the basic info (how many eggs are froozen, % of successful pregnancy etc.- http://www.invictaclinics.com/infertility-treatment/ivf-programs/ivf-all-inclusive-egg-freezing/

hope the information will be useful

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo