Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

61 - 70 of 288 Replies | Last Page

I've had two HSG's and was never told to avoid supplements. Did they give you a reason why?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

so i talked to my friend who works at the hospital and she said that the floor i was talking about is only blood lab results.So obviously my gp was NOT listening to me and mistaken HSG for HCG. What a loser. Thanks for listening to me doc. I'm trying to stay positive about this whole thing the only upside is if i get af every 18 days at least i have more of a chance to get in for the hsg as i'll have 2 calender day 1's during the month instead of 1... UGH 16 months later this is just stupid.... i obviously will be 40 whe i have a child if it ever happens. kudos for all you guys who are around that age,but i was hoping i would not be around that time as i am already losing patience so how would i have the patience to deal at 40.

13 years ago

That sucks! Can you get into an obgyn to get the hsg ordered? It shouldn't be so difficult to order a test!

I also still don't understand why the told you to avoid supplements before hand, since the hsg is only dye directly through you tubes, without any anesthetic or anything and its done when you know you aren't pg.

Anyway, I hope they get you in sooner than later.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Aroma- That is sooo frustrating!!!!!!!

I actually have a positive story to share.

This weekend I was at a wedding and I saw a friend whom I usually only see once a month or so. She usually wears really loose fitting clothing so I hadn't even noticed til this weekend that she was preggo!!! She isn't even telling people, not because it's a secret but because she said she knew and understood that making a big fuss about it could be hurtful for people with fertility problems. She told me this not even knowing that I'm ttc and what I've been going through. So then I told her. And I told her about my misdiagnosis too and what I had gone through. She just grabbed me into the biggest hug and started crying for me and uttering prayers for me. She was so sincere!!! Her sympathy for me made it easier for me to be truly happy for her! She is the first preggo friend in a while that I can honestly say I don't resent a little.

It honestly made me feel really happy to know that there are women out there who are sympathetic and understanding to what we are going through even though they have no problem with fertility themselves.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Aisha - that is such a nice story. What a great friend!

I was watching the news this morning and saw a story about a lady who dumped her baby boy in a dumpster in Vancouver! How can people like that get pregnant and all of us who want it so bad not get the chance???? Sometimes life just isn't very fair!

User Image

13 years ago

Aisha - That is awesome about your friend!! I totally see how it would be so easy to genuinly be happy for her and not resent her in the least!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

aisha- that was so sweet of your friend it is nice to know there are people like that out there!

i got a + on my Opk this morning im so excited :)

how are all you ladies doing?

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

This is an awesome thread! I have felt all these things. and all of those horrible thoughts have crossed my mind, ashamed to say how many times they do in a day. =( I am 25 years old and my BF is 35. He already has 3 children and we both cannot wait to start a family/add. We've been TTC for 3 months now. I feel like a failure. Clearly it has to be me right because he has 3 kids already with an ex wife. How horrible I feel that I cannot give him our own child together and i'm so young it should be easy right. I keep a lot of things inside because I don't want to seem negative or have him worry. But I often wonder if he'll get mad if I can't give him one. I know he won't but we can't help what we think. Im trying to learn patience with this and just be thankful that I found such a great man at all. It's hard sometimes knowing he has these 3 beautiful children, that I love also, with someone else. I'm very accepting of them, but would love to feel as tho i'm a part of the family joined by another sibling too. I dont know, it's a lot to deal with. I'm trying not to stress because that can affect getting pregnant too but, you can't help it sometimes.

13 years ago

Hi again ladies.....I know this is the guilt free zone but I gotta say sumpin':

having suffered 3 miscarriages and needing fertility assistance on our first pregnancy after trying for 3 years and this last effort TTC took 1.5 years....I know how you all feel! I would caution you, however, that expecting (hoping or even just applauding) your friends to keep their news to themselves out of empathy for "anyone having trouble TTC" is a bit ridiculous! Are you all planning on NOT sharing your news with anyone once you get your BFPs?????? (Which I'm fingers crossed will be this cycle.) I've been in your shoes MANY MANY times and I'm not sharing my news yet (for fear of another miscarriage) but once I'm in my 12th week...I'M SHARING! And I don't think you'd expect anyone else who has tried sooooooooo hard to get pregnant to do otherwise. After these kind of struggles it's hurtful to suggest I don't sing it from mountain tops! I would hope you'd do the same. Happy BFPs!!!!! Baby Dust to all of ya! xo

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

DMPage - No one said you shouldnt scream it from the roof tops or anything. We just said it was really sweet that this friend of Aisha's didnt want to say anything to everyone cause she knew it was difficult. I dont expect anyone to hid their excitement or anything around me, it stings when I find out about another friend getting pg, but I would never expect them not to tell me! The thing I cant stand is friends who know I have struggeled and miscarried and they bitch to me about hating being pg. Other than that I full expect people to share their exciting news.

joanie22 - as difficult as it is to not stress, it can take a typical healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Especially since you are in your 20s! My doc wont even see me until a year of ttc to test for infirtility issues. (I'm on months 6 or 7 since my m/c) They usually only test after 6mos if your ttc in your 30s.

nursejones - Yay for your +opk!! Happy bd-ing!!

As for me, not much is really new... I am 9dpo and waiting till next week to test... ideally I would like to wait till 16dpo!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo