Community post

Discussion

CD1 - 8th cycle of trying - feeling down

View Full Post

Hi All,
This is my 7th month of TTC my first child - and was feeling different this month, and very hopeful. Unfortunately, my AF started this morning - early for some reason I usually have a 26 day cycle length, with an 11 day luteal phase - but this time had a 9 day luteal phase - guess thats why I felt 'different' (had some different symptoms like my bbs were not as sore as usual).
Now its my 8th cycle of trying and just feel awful, and starting to feel worried. Why is it taking this long? Will I be in the small minority of women who can't conceive?
I know I am still within the realms of normality - but you can't help the thoughts.
Anyway, good luck to all. If anybody has similar cycle lengths, and has started their cycle this month, please add as a buddy.
Thanks, J

15 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 15 of 15 Replies

hello, well - we went to the doctors - and we are both getting blood tests next week. Husband is getting sperm tests too. More waiting! Bought myself some Vitamin B6 this month, see if that increases my luteal phase a bit - last 2 cycles have been 9 days (usually 11).
Might start charting as well then - what extra information does the charting give you over the OPK? Guess it gives you exact day of ovulation?
This is our 9th cycle of trying - although we had to lie and say 12 months (in UK - you won't get any help if you are under 35 and have been trying less than 12 months) - if something is wrong, why waste 3 months when you could be fixing it now. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the tests. Jenny x

13 years ago • Post starter

I am glad the doctors appointment went in a porductive direction. Temps are good showing patterns before & after O how low your temps get how they get. I would have told him the same thing about how many months. Your right why waste any more time. Sorry there is more waiting. You have been waiting long enough for answers.
AFM - Af is techally late but still is in the window for showing up. the longest cycle i have had is 32day which was not my last cycle but the one before that. We will see.

User Image User Image[url=http://www.pregnology.com]Make a pregnancy ticker[/url

13 years ago

Hi DieselB - I have my fingers crossed for you - please let me know what happens. You will be at 32 days around Saturday is that right? I have only had 1 longer cycle in the last 9 cycles - so you never know. Its so awful waiting though isn't it. Have you tested yet? Have you got any more symptoms that seem strange?
Jenx

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi jennyes2011,

I have been ttc since Oct 2010 for my first. In the last 7 months I have only have 4 cycles. My cycles have been 56, 35, 36 and 50 days. I have only pinpointed ovulation once. Right now I am on CD 25 of Cycle 5 and have still yet to ovulate. Anyway, I feel your pain and frustration. I just went for bloodwork in the beginning of the month and all my results came back within normal limits. I am going to the doctor next Tuesday to start Clomid. I am really hoping it will regulate me. I am also going to try acupuncture. Well if you need someone to chat with I added you as a friend :) Good luck.

User Image

13 years ago

Hi all.
Unfortunately I start my 10th cycle TTC today :-( Have been taking vitB6 to lengthen my luteal phase and it was the usual 10.5/11 length (although it has been 9 the past few cycles) - so I am now going to take 100mcg of B6 instead of 50. Also going to start tracking temps this month as well as usual fertility monitor.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo