Community post

Discussion

BBT charting...do I have hypothyroidism? :(

Ok...this may sound stupid, but I just started charting my BBT a few days ago...and my temperatures, according to many websites, indicate my temperatures are much lower than normal. I'm in my luteal phase, and haven't measures anything higher than 97.8. This morning it was 97.3.

I love the cold, I've always been that way - and always sleep with my window open. Um, as far as I can remember, I've always had lower temperatures than normal. Or maybe it's the older digital thermometer im using? Should I be worried?

Thanks for any help or advice you may have...

User Image Daddy and I are sooo excited to meet you! I hope you decide to stay. :) Nikolai Yoshio Masuoka Alaina Marie Masuoka

5 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Not to worry, it's a simple blood test. If u do hv Hypo all u hv to do is take a pill a day. I hv a very severe case and I'm all good now. Plus if it's out of whack, it makes getting preg much more difficult. Good luck!

13 years ago

You could get a blood test but so far I wouldn't worry. I'm in medical school right now so I know a little about hypothyroid. My temps are low like yours and I was just tested and was fine.

Also, people with hypothyroid tend to not like being cold and feel cold at much lower temperatures than normal people so the fact that you prefer cooler temps is a good sign.

If you have trouble ttc though they will probably test you for it.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out ok!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Yay! Ok, thanks so much for your input. :) I don't really feel weird, or have any of the typical symptoms (although - who doesn't have a hard time losing weight lol)

I also read that sleeping with my mouth open will make the temperatures inaccurate, do you think that's true? If so, that's lame...because I'm sure I'm not the only one. ;)

Anyway - this charting is all so very new to me - I'm excited to see what happens! Only a few more days until AF is scheduled to arrive... I'm going to be selfish and sprinkle some baby dust on myself...lol.

Have a great Sunday!

User Image Daddy and I are sooo excited to meet you! I hope you decide to stay. :) Nikolai Yoshio Masuoka Alaina Marie Masuoka

13 years ago • Post starter

Hey- I'm not an expert on charting yet so I would take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

Sleeping with your mouth open will definitely make your temps lower (unless you are sleeping in a room that is hotter than 98 degrees!) so that could be part of why your temps are lower.

But with that said, I'm not sure how inaccurate your temps are overall because if you always sleep with your mouth open then I think you should still see a pattern, just the temps will be lower. If you sometimes sleep with your mouth open and sometimes sleep with it closed then that can be a problem I think.

Hope that helps!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

I've just started BBT charting last week...I usually chart 97. something or another...a few times before and during my lp my BBT temp was 96.3 something at the lowest. I also get very cold when other people are warm (I've been known to wear a sweater/jacket in sunny 90+ degree weather), and i have a VERY hard time loosing weight.

I'm actually going to the doctor today so I will ask about the Hypothyroidism...thanks for pointing this out!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo