Community post

Discussion

Anyone test BFN at 15-18 DPO but was actually pregnant?

I tested 11DPO and got a (-). I tested this morning @ 15DPO and got another BFN. AF
I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and if the pregnancy was healthy!?

[i]*PinkTAE*[i] User Image not trying, not preventing "who are these kids, and why are they calling me mom"

13 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Replies | Last Page

**correction** AF was due 2 days ago. I started spotting this morning on the tissue. I even tempted to do the Q-tip trick to see if AF was/is coming but opted against it

[i]*PinkTAE*[i] User Image not trying, not preventing "who are these kids, and why are they calling me mom"

13 years ago • Post starter

I too am 15dpo (going on 3 days late for AF) and tested BFN, so I'm really not any help. I was just wondering though, what's the q-tip trick? Best wishes to you for a BFP!

13 years ago

hi im new to this site, it says im 16DPO on here on some websites it says i can test in 1day i dont get it tho as i thort i was only 11DPO!!!!

13 years ago

well it's good to know im not alone in this "wondering" stage.

The Q-tip test:
I actually did this a few times before, but became paranoid of getting cotton stuck in my Vajayjay

Wash your hands, Sit down over the toilet, or lay down on the bed,take a clean Q-tip and put it carefully up to your cervix (think of it as a very small tampon). Slowly pull out the Q-tip
If the Q-tip comes back clear, then your AF is nowhere near. If the Q-Tip comes out with a tinge of pink or brown, AF is due to rear its ugly little head in the next 24 hours.

FYI. You can also do this with "lite flow" tampons. (its much more sanitary since tampons are individual wrapped)

PinkTAE,
Glad you asked this question. I am 13 dpo, AF due tomorrow. I feel like she is right around the corner. I tested BFN with 2nd morning U today. Wishing I had an HPT handy this am so I could really check with FMU.

So, I tried that Q-Tip thingy. No haters people, we all know we would try anything to see if the witch is coming or not, lol. I was curious because yesterday I had a few wipes of brown on the TP and one pencil head size glob (sorry) of it. It was mucus like. But it just went away. I had to try the qtip thing because I was wondering if AF was coming or if it could be Implantation at 12 Dpo. Sort of late for implantation but everyone is different.....Qtip came back clear. So let's see if that trick is accurate.

Hoping you and all the rest of us get our BFP!

Amy

13 years ago

I was wondering if it was late implantation also. I have all the dang symptoms of AF but so far just a little bit of pink of the tissue yesterday, and nothing (Crossing fingers) today.

IM glad it came back clear for you!! Im going to check with a Q-Tip when I get home (I ran out of tiny tampons lol)

Ooooh! That's a creative test. Thanks for the heads up! I should try it. I feel like AF will be here any moment and I keep running to check. Anyways, hoping for a BFP to all!

13 years ago

*Sigh* I went to the bathroom, and I had a bit of blood on my tissue (TMI). I ran back to the bathroom with tampon in hand, and there was absolutely nothing. ZILCH

I just want to confirm whatever there is that needs to be confirmed (hoping for BFP). The last place I want to end up is on the show "I didnt Know I was pregnant"

Lol. I like that show! But I understand what you mean about know. AF came to visit yesterday, I'm really sad, but at least I know... I hope you get a BFP!!

13 years ago

**UPDATE***

Lilah, I got my AF too. I didnt think I'd be so sad to see my period, especially since I was going on 5 days late.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo