Community post

Question

Period arrived 6 days early

I had a miscarriage 12/22/11. My first AF came on its own on Jan 25. I went to a reproductive endocrinologist on 02/13 where I was given a blood test to confirm ovulation. I did the BD on 02/14 (my supposed O date). Now I woke up this morning with cramps and spotting. My period has always been late, but has NEVER come early. Today I am 8 DPO.
Anyone else ever had their period come early? Do you think it may be implantation or just that my hormones are still out of wack?

[i]*PinkTAE*[i] User Image not trying, not preventing "who are these kids, and why are they calling me mom"

1 Answer • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarrage. I know that can be a very horrible experience.

Implantation is supposed to be very light, to the point that you might not even notice it if you weren't looking for it. Bassed on that, I would think maybe it is your period, just still thrown off a little because of your experience. Although I didn't have a miscarrage last month, my period started as spotting at 6dpo and ended up being my period 8/10 days early. I was so excited thinking that the super light pink spotting was implantation, and my hopes were higher than they should have been because the let down was horrible. Did your doctor tell you anything about using progesterone or baby aspirin? I've heard that either one can be good for women who experience miscarrage. Well, I really hope that helps, and I hope you get your positive really soon!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo