Community post

Discussion

Confused... can anyone enlighten?

My period was supposed to come yesterday (the 28th of Sept), but it didn't, and it still hasn't. I took a pregnancy test this morning, and it was negative. I am 12 dpo. Could my period just be a little late, or could it be too early for a pregnancy test to be positive? Has this happened to anyone else?

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

There are several things that could be going on. First, you could have ovulated later, and in that case your AF would be due later. Second, 12dpo is still early for testing, I didn't get a +hpt for my DS until 16 dpo and he's 12 now! Third, If you are stressing out about it, it can totally throw your AF off. Stay calm, and wait a couple days. Then if no AF test again! I'm wishing you

11 years ago

Thank you for the advice! Thing is... last cycle, af startred at 11dpo. I seem to ovulate later in my cycle than most women. So according to my last cycle, I am off. But you are right in that it could just be my stress. I have been stressing about other things. Or it could be too early on to tell if I am pregnant. With my daughter (who is 1 now), I had a faint line on the pregnancy test, even though I was already 5 weeks along.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo