Community post

Discussion

Opposition from family about ttc

View Full Post

Is anyone else dealing with opposition or unkind words from family members about you trying to conceive?

I have two family members in particular (both women who have had 3+ children themselves) who are very vocal about me and my husband not having children. I am 24 my husband is 27 and we have been married for 4 years, so they can't assume that we are too young to have children. We aren't not a wealthy couple but we have the space and adequate funding for a child, so I don't understand why they would take this stance. My dh is very supportive and we know that ultimately it is our decision, but it is difficult. It's made me incredibly "closed-liped" with family and friends, hoping that by not telling people, we can avoid negative opinions.

Anyone else having to deal with this? How do you cope? How do you continue to keep family relations peaceful when rifts are formed?

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

22 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 22 of 22 Replies

Glad to hear that hopefully things will be getting a little more regular for you soon Toria.

Still no af .... and this Wednesday and Thursday I am going to get to watch my friends little girls again. I'm really looking forward to it and hope I know for sure by then if is coming or not. It will make it more fun to enjoy without that nagging in the back of my head.

A couple days to secretly cherish every dirty diaper and tantrum :) lol I will probably be pooped by the end but will love every second.

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

13 years ago • Post starter

I agree - the not knowing is the WORST! Have fun with the kiddos! :) Keep us updated!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo