Community post

Discussion

Need help for when to test!

Okay my problem...I was coming off a trial period of depo (my doctors tried to use it to stop my ovarian cyst from growing) I ended up having AF for 1 month! I'm not sure now when my next one should start... But on 8/8/10 I had a lot of EWCM and I believe I may have conceived that night. If I just go by that day I should test on the 22nd but since my cycles are always off due to ovarian cysts I'm kinda lost on when to test and I don't want to waste them. This is all new to me and would by my first baby. I am very excited any advice or help is appreciated ! Thanks!

and lots of

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

If you believe you ovulated around the 8th, your best bet would be to test 14-16 days after that date.
While cycles can be all over the place, luteal phase lengths generally don't exceed the 16 day mark(although they can sometimes get up to 18 days).

If this isn't THE month though, I would suggest you start charting your BBT to determine when you ovulate. That will make figuring out when to test a lot easier.

p.s. Do you suffer from PCOS or just occasional ovarian cysts?

13 years ago

Thanks for the advice! PCOS runs through my family, my grandmother, mother, and two sisters all have it. I haven't been diagnosed with it yet but my dr has talked to me about it. Come to think of it I can't remember a time when I didn't have at least one on each ovary . I also have fibrocystic breast disease so I may never know if "sore breast" is really a symptom for me. I found it difficult to keep up with my BBT while working nights and not getting much sleep, but have recently started working days and if this isn't THE month I will try to keep up with it next month. I will keep praying and keep trying! Thanks again!

and lots of

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo