Community post

Question

Positive at 14dpo - chemical pregnancy???

Hi dear mums and mums-to-be

Yesterday i started spotting, light brown discharge, few little drops, but i thought it might be starting of period as it should come tomorrow...
I have all symptoms of pregnancy but also cramping :(... i have sore breasts, drowsiness and fatigue, dizziness, headache, morning sickness...
all these days i have been testing at least 10 pregnancy tests and all came back negative... until today at 14 dpo when i tested and in less than 3 min it showed a second line on three tests...
I am worried though, because the test i used it is the ULTRASENSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST 10 mu... are the lines way too faint for second day of implantation? I think that the implantation happend yesterday when it started the spotting... why at 14dpo the lines are still faint on a ultrasensitive test?:((( i just pray is not CP:(((( the up one was taken 30 min ago local time (18:11), the down ones were taken in the morning(10:00)...
What do you think?
I have cramping like period will come but i read that many women have that... my lumbar pains as well...
I just hope it s a sticky bean...
I am very emotional now and i am in huge stress

user submitted image

5 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Please try to relax! Those tests are positive and everyone's HCG levels (and every pregnancy) are different. If you had some spotting and think it might be AF, you could maybe confirm by comparing your BBT to pre and post-o temps from previous cycles and your coverline. Also you shouldn't compare tests taken throughout the same day. I know its hard to wait, but try to just test once a day at the same time after the same amount of hold and liquid intake (e.g. first morning urine "FMU"). Also HCG doubles every ~48 hours (not 24) so you won't necessarily see the line darken from day 1 to day 2, but day 3 might look slightly darker than day 1. You could also call your doctor and ask for a beta HCG test to confirm the actual value of HCG in your blood. Good luck!!!

5 years ago

Thank you so much! I will call tom and make app with my doctor! I hope it sticks and tom my period won t come!!! Good luck to you too!!!!!!

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Don’t worry about line progression. I’m currently experiencing a very early miscarriage (pre 5 weeks) and my lines were super dark and in the end, it hasn’t meant anything. Brown blood is normal it’s red that would cause concern. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and try to enjoy each day. Just remind yourself that today you are pregnant

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

OMG:( i am so sorry!!!!!!! I hope with all my heart that it s just a mistake and you have no micarriage!!!!!! I wish you the best and lot of health to you and the baby, be strong inside there lil’ angel!!!!!
Currently i have no red blood and the light brown is just few drops, i just hope tom my period will not come???? God bless us!

5 years ago • Post starter

Thank you Alexa but unfortunately the baby has already gone.

It's normal to get some spotting when your period is due, it's called breakthrough bleeding, but shouldn't be heavy or last too long so just don't panic :)

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo