Community post

Question

Can you still get period bleeding and cramping if you’re pregnant?

Last week I was late a few days and took a pregnancy tests that resulted in a faint positive. I got my period a few days later and thought it was just a fluke. But I’ve been extremely nauseous, especially today and I’ve been having extreme vaginal pain, like a stabbing. Could I be pregnant? Early miscarriage? Just weird period stuff? So confused and frustrated.

4 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Af being a few days late with a faint BFP and then your Af arrives sounds like a CP. At least it sounds similar to how mine went.

Typically one does not have period like bleeding when pregnant, but it's not impossible. Have you taken a HPT since your Af ended just to confirm?

Being nauseous or having pain could be a weird cycle or maybe a cyst?

Unfortunately there's not really a clear answer as far as I can tell.

5 years ago

Try testing again it doesn’t hurt to test and see what results you get. I had period like bleeding and cramps when I was pregnant with my daughter. There were so many times in the first 10-11 weeks that I thought I was losing baby, but right around the 2nd trimester the bleeding stopped and I delivered a healthy baby girl! She’s 7 years old now.

5 years ago

My gyno had me come in today to do blood work and has asked me to get blood work done at the hospital on Sunday, I should know for sure by Monday. Either way it’s good to find out.

5 years ago • Post starter

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo