Community post

Journal

Trying to remain calm

So, at this point my biggest struggle is remaining calm. I hope that I have the strength to get through this. All I want is to be able to relax in this TTC journey, But with the two year mark coming up...that seems impossible. If only I could just "baby dance" every other day in most of my cycle, and forget about temping or recording symptoms. I am so sick of this taking over my life. I wish that I could just try to have a baby while continuing to live my life normally. Why is that so hard for all of us to do? Just when I think that I am able to put aside these dreams, they pop up in one form or another. Just when I think I can remain calm and at least try to be happy, I have a dream that I have a baby and everything just goes downhill from there. Better yet, I went through my last two cycles without taking a pregnancy test at all. I did this because I didn't expect I can get pregnant. But the moment Aunt Flo comes for a visit, I have a meltdown. If anyone who may read this...please comment or message me giving me tips on how I can stay calm during this trying time. I'm working on this with all of my ability. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice.

Non vedo l'ora di conoscerti il mio bambino. "I can't wait to meet you my child"

3 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

You're doing the best you can keeping it together, from experience it gets easier to accept over time. I hope you have your wish very soon. In the mean time be kind to yourself. Allow yourself grieve in whatever way you need, then shoulders back and face the next day as best you can. :)

10 years ago

I hear ya, it's way frustrating! The temping and the charting and the symptom spotting, drives me crazy!! Why couldn't we just have an oops baby!! Have you been to a dr about this? I know why I'm having a hard time, I have PCOS. That may help to know if there's a medical reason or not. So what I do is temp and chart but stopped opk's cause they drove me crazy! I don't test until AF is late, and she's never been. I did in the beginning but that only added to the anxiety. I'm currently ready Surviving Infertility, it's a bible study, it's really been helping me also praying for Gods peace. Although I still get "crazy" at times I'm doing a lot better. The other thing I do is plan on AF, and schedule some "me time". That's to have a pity party or treat myself to a mani/pedi or a nice margarita :).
All in all, I just have to remind myself it's not in my control. I'm doing everything I can to get pregnant, the rest is up to God! Hope this helped :)

10 years ago

One thing I have learned in my 3 years of TTC the more you try to stay calm or the more people tell you to stay calm the less calm you will be! It is a myth when people say as soon as you relax it will happen. Us long term TTCers know that more then most! Best advice I can give is release your emotion don't bottle them up. We are human and emotions are natural and need to be expressed. Like Melinda said throw yourself a pity party but then move on from it. You will feel so much better once you release those emotions! Stay strong and know you are never alone!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo