Community post

Discussion

Help...

My LMP was 5/10, I started having intercourse on 5/21 - 5/31. I started having severe ovulation pain on 5/31. I thought I was ovulating but no LH surge so I thought maybe I missed it. Tonight I took the LH test and to my surprise its positive and now dh is away. Yikes do I still have a chance at pregnancy? Dh and I last bd on 5/31 around 10am and I used pre-seed with a diaphragm after intercourse which I kept in till late in the night. I'm just hoping the LH surge has been happening for awhile already, last time I tested the LH was last night around 5pm. So now when does my 2ww start?

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

lmarie2003,

What is your normal cycle length? Was 5/10 the last day of your period? A normal cycle length can be anywhere (roughly) from 28-32 days (give or take a couple of days). If you felt mittelschmerz on 5/31 that would be on Day 21, which is kind of late unless you have a longer cycle.

The short answer, anything is possible and yes given that BD w/in the time frame, you could've conceived.

Good luck!

Myself 42 Hubby 49 -------------- TTC #1 since 02/2010 User Image

11 years ago

5/10 was the first day of my period. My cycle can range anywhere from 28 - 38 days and I think this one was long. We bd on 5/31, and the positive LH surge happened on 6/2 at 7pm. I took another LH test and it was negative 2 hours later, so I'm assuming that I caught it at the peak. My Cm was already changing to creamy though when I checked it around the same time.

11 years ago • Post starter

Sounds like you have variance in the # of days of your cycles, but you should ovulate on/at around the same time. So, although you last day of BD was early, you are still are w/in the window of possibility. Hopefully, this is a longer cycle month (an maybe the month before was long too), that way LH surge on 21 is perfect for you. The longer cycle (for you) would be better so that you're not at risk for a luteal phase defect.

Just an FYI, last May I mc, my DH and I missed my optimal ovulation day by 2 days (early)....but I conceived nonetheless. As I'm sure you know, sperm can live up to 7 days, maybe longer depending on the individual and your vaginal flora (pH).

Like I've said, I still think you are w/in the window of conception....and it's always better to BD early rather than late.

I'm pulling for you :)

11 years ago

Thank you, I'm sorry for your loss and happy you were able to conceive after. I had my last miscarriage in March, this is our first cycle trying again. My cycles vary but the luteal phase is always 14 days which is good. I'm still cramping, having backache, and headache which is similar to all my pregnancies.

11 years ago • Post starter

Well that sounds like some positive signs :) I will continue to send you much positive energy...please keep me posted, if you'd like.

Warmly :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo