Community post

Question

On progesterone 1 day late

My doctor put me on progesterone.
My cycle is 28 days and I O'd on cd 18. AF was due today and usually the past 2 cycles of have spotted the day before. No spotting...
M doctor had me start taking my perscription as soon as he prescribed it on cd 18 instead of waitin till next cycle. Would AF still be late?
I've had cramping and bloating since 4 dpo. At 4dpo I had a LOT of dark brown discharge.
All my hpt have been negative.
has ANYONE had this!?!? Anyone still get their BFP after 10dpo with progesterone causing AF to be late!?!?

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Progesterone supplements tend to delay AF. If AF is due and neg pregnancy tests see your dr for a blood test. My dr usually checks progesterone level and HCG at this point . If negative he will advise you to discontinue the progesterone supplements. Brown discharge at 4 dpo Is not related to implantation since this happens no earlier than 6 dpo. Best wishes.

8 years ago

I'm also on progesterone and, while it doesn't do this to all women, if I don't stop taking it, it will delay AF for me. I track ov and would start it the day after ov and would stop after 14 days (I wasn't ttc). Now, I'm pg and taking it daily.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo