Community post

Question

Basal body temperature issues.... WTF! HELP!!

I normally do my bbt the moment I wake up... Before I move, before I get up etc... But this morning I was woken up by our kitten with the duvet/cover over my head almost and I was boiling hot.... I did my temp and no surprise was sky high at 97.86f.... I laid in bed talking to hubby and re did test ten minutes later when id cooled down... Then it read 97.18f...
I ovulated on the 23/24 of this month... I'm unsure which temp to go by since I'm still on 'come down' of ovulation. But If I'm pregnant will it remain high? My nipples are very slightly sore too.
So which temp do I put into my app?
Help!
Thankyou in advance lovely ladies x

Poll:
Use first higher temp (3 votes)
Use second lower temp (0 votes)

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

If ovulation has happened I would not worry about one temperature being higher or lower on one day. Your temperatures always remain elevated after ovulation until AF, they then drop. If they remain high and AF doesn't arrive it is likely that you are pregnant. Test once you miss AF.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo