Community post

Journal

Went to docs.

Well, I went to the doctors and he won't prescribe progesterone as its only those who have had 3 miscarriages that get it.....Jeez. Anyways... I've got an early 'viability' scan in a few weeks. SCARY.
Every scan I've had in the last year has ended in tears. :,-(
I'm going to use my last clear blue test up tom morn and then no more testing.
Hoping I never need them again.
X

12 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Comments | Last Page

where do you live? US? I heard no such thing that you have to have 3 miscarriages to get progesterone - check with a different doctor!!!

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

I agree with Basia... that is the old school OB approach about needing three miscarriages. It is just a simple blood test and could save so much heartache!! A woman should NOT have to go through 3 miscarriages for something as simple as progesterone. I'm so sorry! :(

<a href=

8 years ago

I'm English in UK. It sucks.
What's the blood test for?
X

8 years ago • Post starter

The blood test can tell you if your progesterone levels are low. Mine were low with my last pregnancy that I miscarried, but this pregnancy I didn't even get them tested. I just told the doctor that I wanted to take the progesterone and he gave it to me. It doesn't hurt anything so I wonder why they won't do it in the UK :( Congratulations by the way :) Hugs

8 years ago

Thanks....
I will ask about the blood test.
The NHS work in weird ways at times.

Consider also talking to a different doctor. I know it is hard to change doctors as we get used to the ones we have but sometimes it is worth it :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Seems to be something they all do. The doctor that deals with me changes everytime also... My notes are the only consistent thing. He's been a doctor for 20 years and had never prescribed it. He called another doctor who said it has to be after 3 losses only. Then he called the early pregnancy unit who advised it... They changed their stance too.
So I couldn't ask elsewhere. Rules are rules.
As much as it sucks. Even the doctor said it was dumb.
So Bean is just gonna have to go it alone.... I will push for a test though.

Get some progesterone cream, it could only help.... I know a lady on here that used it after miscarriages and had a healthy pregnancy after starting it. You can get it olnine, I got mine at gnc don't know if you guys have those

Mill

8 years ago

Where do you put the cream? ;-) lol

Oh yeah! Try the cream. There was another girl on here that used the cream and she just had her baby :)

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo