Community post

Question

After 3.5 years finally..Positive bloodwork, +hpt this morning and now AF?!?!

View Full Post

I feel so emotional right now. Husband and I have been trying for over 3.5 years and I finally got a bfp.. Then bloodwork on 12dpo and hcg was at a 10. Now AF shows . It's bittersweet I'm elated that I can get pregnant but so gutted. Dr said my progesterone was low, could that be why it didn't stay? I wish I could trick myself into thinking I'm my out..

13 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 13 of 13 Answers

AF came back with a vengeance lol. I will try to make appt with dr next week. IM nervous tho BC I kind of want to try ony progesterone and not do the iui just yet since apparently I can in face conceive.

If she says no tho is progesterone safe to take just on my own?? I have a family member who is a MD and might just give me the prescription but they are in another state

9 years ago • Post starter

First I'd like to say I'm sorry to read that AF showed up. After so many years (I've been trying for about 6 years), it's just plain cruel to have AF show up.

Progesterone (P4) is safe to take and it cannot do any harm (just make sure you start taking it a couple of days after O). Try to go towards a more natural form of P4 like prometrium instead of synthetic like provera. I have to take between 300mg and 600mg per day during my LP, I wouldn't if it wasn't safe. P4 cream would not be strong enough with a level of 2.

Good luck

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

So I called my dr and the nurse told me the at progesterone level at a 2 is ok and I don't need progesterone unless I do iui??

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo