Community post

Question

Does green tea aid fertility??

I've been ttc for three months, two previous miscarriages. I've read that green tea helped some people. Has anyone read anything different? What do you think? I'm a,so using opk, bbt charting, prenatals, and baby aspirin. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated as well as any advice.

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Be very careful with green tea. It has caffeine and tho it doesn't have as much as coffee or black tea, boxes of it do have a warning against drinking it in early pregnancy because there is a risk of miscarriage due to the caffeine. Have you tried preseed lubricant? I've read great things about it and a lot of people say they had been trying for several months and got their BFP the first or second month they used this. I bought some that we used for the first time this month. It can help more sperm survive their way into the cervix. Plus my husband and I preferred it to our usual go to lube. It is as close to fertile mucus as science can get and it FELT like it to use. We didn't need to constantly reapply it and it felt like my own body's natural stuff. I'd sya nay on the green tea but give preseed a try.

9 years ago

I'm drinking Fertilitea now, which contains green tea, so I'm obviously on the side that thinks it's perfectly safe. Tea contains so little caffeine compared to coffee, I don't think it's really a concern unless you're planning on having 5-6 strong cups per day. I would stop as soon as you get your bfp, though, to be safe.

9 years ago

The green tea I have is decaffeinated so the caffeine risk is completely gone. Also, I drank tea with caffeine during my last pregnancies and didn't have a problem. I have tons of ewcm anyway so I don't thin I need preseed right now.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo