Community post

Question

Faint lines on pregnancy tests always a positive?

Hi. I always thought the "science" of getting pregnant was quite straight forward, but the more I read the more I see it isn't lol.
OK I'm in the planning to fall pregnant stage. my situation is slightly different to most in that currently I live an ocean apart from my partner. Our planning to get pregnant time will hopefully end in us taking a test together. I always assumed a positive ment a clear bold test line but just been looking through the test gallery (I'm a tad addicted to it now) and see faint lines are classed as pregnant too. Up to this point had I got a faint line (like in the opk) I'd have assumed it wasn't a positive. So if we're lucky enough to get a faint line would I be right in saying we were?
Sorry for long post
Max

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Yes even the fainted pink (or blue) line means pregnant. Sometimes tests get an evaporation line which is a faint line you can see but it lacks colour or is kind of gray. I suggest you look through the EVAP gallery to see some examples. Some brands of tests are more prone to these evap lines.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo