Community post

Question

Bbt chart

This is my first time tracking my bbt. I take my temperature between 5-6:30am and I make sure it's the first thing I do in the morning. When I wake up, without getting out of bed, I grab my thermometer and take my temp. I try to move as little as possible for fear that activity (stretching, getting out of bed, tossing/turning) will make my temp rise. Looking at my chart it seems much more erratic than ones I've seen from other people. I am doing a long stimulation so I haven't ovulated yet but I will probably end up doing a trigger shot today and do an IUI tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does my chart seem too erratic to be of any use? Am I temping wrong?

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I have been charting for years and 1 out of about 5 charts is more erratic than the others. Those are more difficult but not impossible to interpret. Do use mucus and cervix observations with the BBT charting as well as OPKs, especially with erratic looking charts. This helps understanding the chart to some extent. I can see erratic patterns in the follicular phase when I am extremely stressed out and fatigued, especially around holidays. I think you are taking your temps correctly, every day at the same time right as you wake up in the morning. Did you post your chart? Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

10 years ago

Yes, I did post the chart. My CM was somewhere between creamy (almost like school glue) and clear for the past several days. Yesterday it was more EW than glue. I had a lot of it too. Today I have a lot of EW and I do mean quite a bit of it. It completely covers the tissue when I wipe. I took OPKs over the past several days, all negative. I have an appointment with my RE today to check follicle growth and I will likely trigger with an hcg shot today. I don't know how to check my cervix because I can't reach it. I have very short fingers.

10 years ago • Post starter

You are at 96.8 on day 15. Although your chart is extremely erratic, my guess is that you are just about ready to ovulate, especially given your mucus observations. I often get a nice dip right before ovulation and your temp on day 15 looks like this to me. Good look with your IUI. I don't know what your clinic's protocol is, but if they permit I would start having romance to be on the safe side. Some women start ovulating even before the trigger shot and miss or almost miss their window waiting for the IUI. The very best wishes.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo