Community post

Question

Confused on Clomid :-(

I'm so confused right now. I took my first round of 50mg clomid on cd 3-7 (along with metformin 2/x's daily). My doc said to start opk testing on cd 10. So I did and I have gotten such a weird, wide range of positives!! I can seem to pinpoint when I ovulated. I got positive readings on cd 11, 12, 17, 18, and today cd19! I've read that I'm supposed to ovulate sometime between five to ten days after the last clomid tablet. In that case, I'm if a few days past that so I don't know why they're still positive. As far as any symptoms, the past 5 days or so, ive had a dull cramping that honestly just feels like gas pains. I'm beginning to get stressed/obsessed with wondering if I ovulated and if i timed BDing accordingly - which I know stress is the last thing I need when ttc. Just wondering if anything like this has happened to those of you while on clomid? I'm out of opk tests so I think that's a good excuse to stop testing and wrecking my brain about this :-/ Thanks for letting me vent!

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hi Clomid sis! I took my first Clomid cd 5-9, 50mg. I used a Clomid calculator, just Google that. It helped alot. Also i ovulated about 5-7 days after the last pill, but regardless i had sex every other day until i got a positive opk, then did it every day once or twice a day lol but you should be making love! I also used clearblue digital ovulation test, those other line sticks sucked to me.

But got pregnant first cycle with twins after ttc for 4 yrs. My first symptoms after Clomid were sore nipples, lol lasted all the way til missed period, i also had pcos ish symptoms.

11 years ago

So exciting for you Metal_yuri!! I'm glad to hear success stories like that! When did you get your first symptoms (sore nipples)? Immediately after taking the last tablet? Or after you ovulated? And what are pcos-Ish symptoms? The only thing I'm feeling is some gas-like cramps - like I need to toot but can't lol. I'm trying to BD every other day or so but my husband is on to me - I feel like its getting a little unromantic or more of a chore :-/

11 years ago • Post starter

My symptoms started around 2po. Its on my profile. I also used conceive plus lubrication because my cm could use help lol

Also my hubbster felt like the bedroom was getting typical as well. So i bought some nice and cheap lingerie from a website called yandy. He would stop 99% of the stuff he was doing to ravish me lol i got some fishnet stockings or body pieces, or see through gowns, and would get different ones for each holiday lol and sometimes its more of a turn on to be dressed up then naked.

Or i would surprise jump him randomly or be waiting around a special place in the house lol or even seduce him, also the missionary position gets old, doggystyle or any other positions helped him feel like he wasn't under pressure our sex life has definitely improved lol also my pcos symptoms were irregular periods, weight gin, slight insulin resistance.

11 years ago

And teasing a guy or not giving it to them asap makes em crazy lol so i would kiss him and touch everywhere but there or slightly brush against him but teasing and outfits help alottt lol or being somewhere other then the bed, even if its the floor lol

11 years ago

I also didn't skip out on oral, i know it could kill sperm but not that much. And i used fertility lubrication so it was alright lol random oral made him want me more, i rarely finished him oral wise, its jus to make him want you more lol

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo