Community post

Question

If I have a low positive Beta test how likely is that to result in a viable pregnancy?

got a positive beta test from my doctor today (12dpo). it was 12.5. My progesterone was low too 8.5. They have me taking a progesterone supplement and I will retest in 2 days. I am worried that this pregnancy won't hold ( but I really want it too) .

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Where I work the lab wont call a test positive unless the level is 25 or greater. 12dpo is early though even for a blood test. I wouldn't worry too much yet! Fingers crossed!

11 years ago

Im going to let you know about my experience just to give you a heads up. NOT SAYING this is AT ALL guaranteed for you, but this is what I know... Last June at 13 or 14 dpo I was testing mostly pos on hpts, but some negative. I was like what the heck? I went in the day of my missed af (13 or 14 dpo) and I tested with a 16 hcg. They said this was low, but prob just real early in my preg. They still definitely considered it a positive though. They said just to be sure they wanted me to come back in 48 hours. That day I only went "up" to a 17 hcg level. They said this was not the norm and warned me of a possible chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) was probably what was going on. I was DEVASTATED. I was like what if what if what if... I was still holding out hope. UNFORTUNATELY sure enough the next day HEAVY bleeding started and it was over. HCG levels typically double within 48 hours, mine definitely did not. ALSO it started off very low.

11 years ago

A lot of times HCG levels are a lot higher by then. I am currently 16 weeks and when I got a blood test this time at same dpo I had a 216 hcg level. REMEMBER though that women have ALL DIFFERENT HCG levels and their numbers also differ from pregnancy to pregnancy. ALSO I know of a lot of women who still have chemical pregnancies that have MUCH higher HCG levels than just 2 digits or low two digits. I just want you to be AWARE that yes low HCG levels can be troublesome, but again there are many women who continue with very healthy pregnancies. So the only thing that matters is if your levels are doubling. The doc should have you come in for a check on that w/in 48 hours or the next business day after that. IF NOT and you are concerned I dont think a doc would refuse testing you again to be sure. IF they do refuse I would use the FRER line progression test on your own. Take a FRER test on your own with FMU and then another FRER test the same way 48 hours later.

11 years ago

THEN compare the darkness of the lines. YOU ARE LOOKING FOR the second tests test line to be darker than the first test you took. It is important to use a 48 hour gap in between the tests to ensure you give your body enough time to produce a GREATER level. If it is darkening this is an excellent sign!!! This is only if you are either curious, concerned, or the doc wont retest. I REALLY think you are just fine, but PLEASE be aware of the possibility and facts. Make sure that you continue to feel well, no cramping on either side or the back, and no spotting occurs... because these can be warning signs as well. I HOPE for the VERY BEST and please be sure to let me or us know what happens. ALSO feel free to drop me a line if you have any other questions. I have become pretty familiar with all this unfortunately. Regards:)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo