Community post

Question

is this site bad for pregnancy????

Have been ttc for a long time now....
Im begining to wonder if all this over thinkin EVERYTHING..
watching cm, looking into and discussing every twinge & pain
I am seriously thinking of just perminantly logging off... just doinn ovulation tests & enjoyin ttc with my hubby

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I personally think that's a great idea. Once our minds aren't so preoccupied and stressed over something that's usually when the magic happens. I know a few people who struggled to get pregnant or had numerous miscarriages with no child and once they let go and looked into adopting they got pregnant - a couple with twins!

11 years ago

i have had spotting today, due friday so if/when Af arrives I think ill log off & just give myself a month off...
its just getting to me now... a break will do no harm at all

11 years ago • Post starter

Tracking ov and cm and bbt is fine, its when u turn every sneeze or cough or dry mouth into an automatic "I must be pregnant" frame of mind, that makes it harder on u when u arent. Over analyzing makes the fact that it didnt happen this cycle, a lot harder than it needs to be. I stopped that months ago and now I dont have that overwhelming feeling to cry when AF shows up...I look at it as one more cycle to get healthier and prepare my body for a baby, and I plan how I wanna run the next 25 days before O.

If u think logging off for good is what u need to make ttc better for u and the hub, go for it. Gotta take care of ur needs first.
Good luck to u!! =))

11 years ago

Yeah, I didn't become pregnant on my own until I refused to do a test or read anything into any symptoms. That's when it happened. And that's how they say it does - when you finally give up and just go about your business! So relax if you still have plenty of time. I'm 43. I didn't get that luxury but I started way late. (No regrets though. I enjoyed my freedom and have done all I wanted to do and have traveled the world. Time to grow up now I guess.)

11 years ago

I have also pretty much limited my time here to once every 2 weeks. I have started an excel file where I can track my BBT and FM, without having all this BABY stuff in my face. I agree, sometimes this site is just too much for me.

Baby Dust

11 years ago

I think sometimes it can make women go a bit mental and really really over think things some of the questions ive seen off women asking if its a symptom like sore feet, tingly fingers and most recently a bruise??? She found a bruise on her leg n asked if it was a sign it made me feel sorry for her really coz it just makes the disappointment of a bfn even worse. When i 1st tried none of these sites where around i never knew about temps, cervix positions n all that all i done was bd every night for a month and i got pg 1st time. Im not even ttc right now either i just think i might b pg an now im obsessed with symptoms , cp , cm n everything n all i done was google something n here i am so yeh i do think in the tww period its not a good thing but for all ladies who are tempting and keeping track of there cycles etc its brilliant.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo