Community post

Question

can you re-use a pregnancy stick?

right i know this might sound rather dumb, but to be honest who knows? maybe a hpt was done and a negative came or maybe a faint positive? but very faint that your so insure, or maybe so faint only you can see? can you then wee on that same stick again which is maybe added more off the hormone onto the stick or simply doing it again? could it turn a neg to a positive if infact i am pregnant?

9 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

No.

11 years ago

i thought as much.. but just thinking about it i thought it could be logic, that's your opinion and probably very right.. but the way i see it as maybe adding more urine.. adding more hormone their could be maybe a chance? who's to say the test seemed negative and trying again on that same test might not change the test as it reacts ?

11 years ago • Post starter

yeah it's not possible ... i only do that to only keep myself of taking more tests and tricking myself into thinking it'll change lol

11 years ago

okay... theirs kinder no reason be like that about it.. i myself said i don't think its possible and agreed with what you've said.. i've not come here to be made to feel stupid, i was just wondering and maybe if you thought you were going on about this in the right way.. you'd not have hidden your username? i would say a good majority are all ttc, all supporting each-other ect.. which to be honest is nice, and this is a nice little site.. ive sat upset tonight as im sure many other have not receiving the results they wanted:/ and ive been seeing things and haven't allot off people go threw this frustration time.. so i posted a question wondering if this was possible. big deal? im not hurting anyone.. thanks for you reply.. anyways.

11 years ago • Post starter

Be like what?? Because I simply said "no" (which is obviously not the answer you were looking for) you're going to pout? Who did anything to make you feel stupid? I have no idea who the second 'member' answer belongs to, but it didn't seem condescending or anything either.

My answer is not "my opinion" either, but a factual statement based on the fact that the reagent impregnated in to the test strip is only available for the chemical reaction that causes the pink (or blue) line once. Once it's been exposed to urine, it reacts (or doesn't) but is no longer available for future reactions.

11 years ago

Ive always wondered the same thing.. when you think about it it seems like a good idea.. the more hormones the darker the line is so the better you can see it so you dont have to sit there and wonder if its faint positive or an evap.. but on the hand the more you pee on it the more likely you will just get an ink run.. it would be cool if they made reuseable one.s. like digital one were you could shake it like an etch a sketch and reuse it lol

11 years ago

Heck yea....I wish they were resuable!!! Save us POAS addicts lotsa money!!! :-) I'm sure there's a POAS addict who has tried this out. Don't worry about the jerks on this site-quite a few of them. You have a genuine curious question and they can't just be open minded.

11 years ago

I see your logic haha your not dumb or stupid coz if you was you wouldnt of sat n thought about it like that.....you probably would of just sat there pissing on the same stick for days if you was hahaâ?¦ dont let people upset you xx

11 years ago

I dont see how anyone was rude to this girl asking the question? they told her the answer and I dont feel they tried to make her feel "stupid" some people are just too sensitive

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo