Posts by probablyinmyhead

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

What A Roller Coaster! 13dpo Total BFP with PCOS

Hello All. I wanted to share my story with all of you because I experienced a wide spectrum of emotions and I wanted to encourage all of you to stay positive.

I was pregnant 6 yrs ago but I don't really remember much, as I had to get an abortion at 11 wks. All I remember is that I knew it happened the instant it happened. I've always had abnormal cycles so I went on the pill and was on it off and on for 9 yrs. I stopped taking BC for 2 wks after my last period because I couldn't afford it and BAM! I got pregnant. It's SO true when they say to go on BC for like 6 mths and then go off of it. I never thought it could happen. 1 wk later, I took HPT and it was BFN. I still felt really felt like I was preg. I don't remember experiencing any symptoms that felt abnormal to me except unexplainable weight loss that I thought wasn't associated with pregnancy. I went back on BC right away and when I didn't get my period, I took HPT at 4 wks. I got a faint line BFP. In my naiveté, I thought because it wasn't dark, I wasn't pregn so I let it go. I didn't think about it again until I was 9 wks and still did not get a period being on BC. I went to PPand they confirmed BFP.

Fast forward 6 yrs later, I had that same moment of "I just got pregnant." DH and I were NTNP but had talked about having kids. I would say this is the 1st mth we threw caution to the wind and let it happen. i didn't think it would happen so fast. I was diagnosed with PCOS last Aug and was given Provera for Sep. I took Provera and had a regular period from Sep-Nov. From Dec-Feb my period was off and on so I was given Provera again. I had a period from Mar 25th-Apr 4th. On Apr 6th, DH and I did BD and I had that moment of, "We just got pregnant." I didn't think anything of it until Apr 9th when I felt really horny and got really nauseated from eating cookies. i REALLY thought I was going crazy and was going to be SO embarrassed if I turned out not to be pregnant.

Below is a time line of my symptoms by date (I don't like doing dpo because I have NO idea what that really means:)

APR
6 BD
9 BD, felt really horny, nauseated from cookies
10 BD had REALLY bad cramping in my lower abdomen, VERY tired
11 VERY exhausted driving home from work from a 6 hr shift
HPT- BFN
12 Twinge in right nipple
13 Sense of smell very strong, Thin vaginal leakage
14 Super gasey, HPT- BFN VERY moody!!
15 White slimy mucus with brown spotting
16 BD X3 breasts feel very full, EWCM, sleepy
17 BD
18 Slept 15 hrs
19 BD HPT- BFN
20 BD HPT- BFN
21 BD X2
23 BD Vivid dreams
24 BD
25 BD period cramping (I thought for SURE I was getting my period)
26 BD VERY sleepy, cramping HPT- BFN
27 Changes in pimples around nipples HPT- Faint line positive, digital BFN
28 Tender breasts, HPT- Faint line positive, digital BFP!!!

I was really disappointed when I kept getting BFN after BFN because all of these other women were saying they got BFP after 10"dpo." Because I had a long period due to Provera, this website estimated the 23rd to be when AF was due but my app said AF was due the 26th so I aired on the side of the 26th. When I had period cramps, I was disappointed because I thought I wasn't preg. Then I went online to read success stories to see if maybe anyone experienced what I was experiencing. Sure enough, I read about this girl who THOUGHT she ovulated earlier than she did. I matched my timeline to hers (she was just about 2 wks before me) and I was right. I don't know FOR SURE when I actually conceived. Either I did conceive on the 6th and my body is exhibiting what it did the first time, where a genuine BFP didn't show up until 4 wks (because I am about 4 wks now) or I conceived on the 15th/16th and I got BFP right when the body is supposed to (at about 2 wks later OR 1 wk after missed AF.)

Good luck ladies! I hope my story gives you hope. I wish I could thank the woman who shared her story and encouraged me to recalculate my days.

0 Comments      

Latest 10 years ago

No more pages