Posts by amiamama

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

Yay I'm Pregnant!

This was our third cycle of ttc, and it turns out that despite some confusion, I am pregnant!

I've been for an ultrasound today and according to it I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My period was a while ago and standard counting would have indicated I would be 7 weeks now, but it seems that my left ovary runs on a different schedule than my right! I ovulated almost two weeks late, and from it came our little buddy, due 22nd May 2011!

The confusion obviously came from this late ovulation, as at my 28th day I would have *just* concieved, so I of course had negative results both that day and four days later. We figured I hadn't ovulated at all and gave up on this being the cycle. But, Monday last week I thought I'd check if I was ovulating, and on a whim decided to take a pregnancy test too, and it was positive! I couldn't believe it and took several more in the next few days, and went and got a blood test, and there you go!

Now I've seen it on an ultrasound screen and its so tiny, I'm so excited. Fingers crossed it sticks and we'll be bringing home a May baby next year :)

0 Comments      

Latest 13 years ago

No more pages