Replies by sugah0927

Replies 1 - 10

I also forgot to mention that I was also taking Estradiol vaginally starting CD 10 through positive OPK on CD 15 and also taking Up & Up Children's Guaifenesin Mucus Cough Liquid - Grape from Target. :)

10 years ago
Reply to Clomid success stories would be greatly appreciated!!

Public

My DH and I were TTC for 11 months for baby #2 and I had not been on BC for over 4 years and I had a successful full term pregnancy 3 years ago. After struggling for months with a thyroid issue we finally got it under control and I was in "normal" range so my gyno decided to put me on our first round of clomid in April. I took the clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 (we used the generic form which was cheaper) and I got my first positive ovulation test on CD 15 in the early am.
In the past I normally would not get a positive until CD 16 or 17 so it actually came early. We BD on CD 15 as soon as I got the positive and also that evening around 9pm. Then we BD one more time on CD 16 in the evening for good luck. Well it worked and we are 9 weeks pregnant today! :) I couldn't believe clomid worked for us on the first cycle but it did and i'm very thankful that I tried it. (FYI: we are only expecting 1 baby which is a relief since it does increase chances of multiples slightly) Good luck!!

10 years ago
Reply to Clomid success stories would be greatly appreciated!!

Public

Advertisement

Not sure if anyone is still following this topic but I finally got my BFP after 11 months of trying. I got my thyroid results back in April and they finally came back in "normal" range. We attempted a month of Clomid on my last cycle and it seemed to have done the trick. DH and I only BD twice on the day of the positive OPK and once the night after (so it only took 3 times!!) We are super exited and Right now I'll only be 4 weeks along on Sunday. I go in on Tuesday for bloodwork to confirm! good luck to all!!!

11 years ago
Reply to Trying to conceive for 8 months with Hoshimoto's/Hypothryoid

Public

Good Morning Ladies,
I've been kind of MIA lately, keeping myself busy with projects around the house. I'm on CD 18 today and I was getting nervous because I wasn't getting a positive OPK this month but I finally got the little smiley face last night which was a huge sigh of relief. As for the Clomid situation I'm going into the gyno after this cycle is over and if we are not successful this month I will probably try the clomid to see if we could try that. I've done some research and this condition can cause anovulation and possible the clomid could help. Who knows at this point, I'm so overwhelmed with all the information out there. I'm hoping today is my ovulation day since I got the positive OPK last night. I tested this morning and it was still positive so we shall see.

11 years ago

Public

I'm really not trying anything new this cycle. Although I did buy a basal thermometer and I might give that a try. Not sure what good it really does though when you use OPK's. I did give up on buying the digital OPK's because they were getting too expensive but i'm using the cheap internet ones. Along with my new medication dose and I'm back to taking prenatals again I'm hoping this is the month!!!

My gyno said I could come back at the end of this cycle and she would put me on Clomid if I wanted to try that, I'm a bit nervous about doing that with this disease, i'll do some research on that first before I do that. Good luck to you and keep in touch!

11 years ago

Public

Hi asuperfreak & pbc910!! Thank you for sharing your story.
A little background on myself: I'm 28 and my DH is 33 and we are TTC #2. Baby #1 is when I found out that I had hoshimoto's disease (2009) and after 1 month of being on medical and 1 month of being off of birth control I got pregnant instantly!! This time is definitely not so easy. I even am healthier and thinner this time around. I'm 5'8 and 126 lbs so my weight is not the issue.

It is soo nice to know that there are other woman out there struggling with their thyroid. I just went back to the doctor on February 14th and she sent me to get my blood drawn on the 19th which was 6 weeks from the last time my blood was drawn and my TSH was at 9.73. I never ended up getting AF so I was anxious for my follow up appointment with my doctor. I saw her on Friday last week and I was 5 days late for AF at that time and she said my TSH levels had gone from 9.73 all the way down to 0.32 which is now in the hyperthyroid!! ugh I'm so frustrated. She said that my gyno put me on way too much medication and basically overdosed me into hyperthyroidism which is why AF was so late. (I had been taking 75 mcg of levothyroxine for the past 3 years and she bumped me to 112 mcg after the 9.73 TSH levels)

Now I have been prescribed 100 mcg of the brand name Lyvolthyroxl which I haven't filled yet due to insurance craziness. She gave me samples of the name brand of Synthroid so I'm on that. I kind of played doctor with my self and didn't take any medication on Saturday and Sunday and started taking my new medication on Monday and BAM!!! AF showed up on Monday night. I somehow knew that if i didnt take the medication that maybe the TSH level would go up just that tiny bit to put me back in the "normal" range. Now I hope today on CD 3 that my levels are back in the normal range so that we can really try this month.

Today I sit here and wonder if all these doctor visits are enough and hopefully I can do it this month for a December baby.

It sounds like we are cycle buddies too which is great!!! Let's keep in touch throughout our cycles and maybe the support will be the trick!! :)

11 years ago

Public

Hi wbsb2011!! I'm still around just moping the boards every now and then. Today I'm about 5-6 DPO and AF is not due until next Monday. I had an annual last week and explained that I was trying and no luck so she told us to abstain from sex until I got a positive OPK which is what we did. If I don't get pregnant this month then I will go back in December to have an ultrasound done during ovulation to see if I'm releasing an egg because the doc says it seems that I'm "functioning" properly LOL well we leave for Thanksgiving vacation on Friday and I've packed some tampons along with a pregnancy test. I"m hoping this is the month!

11 years ago
Reply to 1 DPO just starting TWW anyone wanna join in

Public

Hi Ladies,
I'm out this month too, AF started on Saturday 1 day early. :( Moving on to month 5 of trying, going to the doctor next Tuesday for an annual hoping to get some positive feedback from the doc. Good luck ladies!!

11 years ago

Public

Hi Ladies, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm ok except I had a mini breakdown last night. I have been having tantrum issues with my 2 year old and with all this stress of not being able to conceive it got to me and I was sobbing :( boooo....I really have no symptoms to report, just that I have had no cramps yet and and I usually get them about 7 days before AF and AF is due in 4 days. Sooooo...I'm hoping that is a good sign, I was silly enough to test with my internet cheapies twice yesterday at 9 DPO and nothing of course. I know it could be too early but this is just a tough emotional thing to go through. I think if I don't conceive this month I'm scheduling an appointment with the gyno to get an annual check up and let her know what's going on to see if they can help. Hope everyone is doing well!

11 years ago

Public

Good Morning Ladies, Nothing really new to report today. Just tired and getting a lot of small headaches. I'm hoping that I don't start cramping in the next couple days because the past four months that means AF is on her way. Of course I was bored yesterday and tested at 7DPO and nothing lol. I need to get a hobby and stop this madness.

How's everyone doing?

11 years ago

Public