Community post

Discussion

Rash on day of conception?

The first time I conceived (Jan 2017), I got a rash the same evening as my morning + OPK. I have psoriasis, but NEVER get rashes. That time, the rash was a patch on my upper right thigh and a small, isolated patch on the underpart my right forearm. I miscarried at 5 weeks. This past cycle, a rash started again in the evening of the same day I got a + on my morning OPK (6/21) and in the same place the rash started the first time I was pregnant, on my upper right thigh.

This time, the rash was much more prominent and spread over the next two weeks to much of my top right thigh, parts of my lower left leg, and then a number of small patches all over the under part of my right forearm. I started testing early, because of the rash, and had a faint positive on 11 dpo and then a temp spike on 12 dpo. The line on the tests didn't get darker, so I had a feeling it was going to be similar to my 1st pregnancy, but hoped the stronger rash was a sign of, maybe, more normal hormone levels with a healthier egg.

On the morning of 13 dpo, my temp dipped below my cover line and the rash had subsided substantially overnight. I started spotting on 14 dpo and got my period the next day. The docs (GYN, dermatologist, & fertility doc) are stumped...from picts i sent them, they said it isn't pityriasis rosea. I had an ANA blood draw this morning to check for lupus, which will take a few days to get back, but they do not believe it is that either (testing to be safe). They thought it might be a progesterone drug interaction, but I used suppositories the cycle before this one with no interaction and have not used them before or since that one isolated cycle. They are calling it atopic dermatitis.

It's important to note that in my 42 years that I've never had rashes during any other menstrual cycles in my life and these are only happening while TTC and with pregnancies. I believe I might be getting my LH surge the night before I'm getting the positive OPKs in the morning and that conception is happening on the same day as the morning positives, so I'm going to test in the morning and evening this cycle to test my theory on when I am really getting my surge. However, based on the timing of all factors, I strongly believe the rash is tied to conception. So, my underlying worry is if the rash is also tied to unsuccessful pregnancies.

My question to everyone is if anyone else has had a rash start on conception day or even a day or two after? If so, did you have a successful pregnancy? Where you able to pinpoint any other cause of the rash? The rash may be nothing to worry about, but there's not a lot of info out there so I'm trying to dig a little deeper.
Thanks!!

1 Reply • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

ANA test for lupus is negative. Stumped. Any similar stories appreciated.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo