Community post

Question

Anyone else go off pill mid-pack?

I stopped BC mid-pack before I read doing so isn't a great idea. I now know why they say this...I had very light withdrawal bleeding for 3 days and now I'm on CD 44 with no signs of AF in sight. Tests are BFN. I know it's just a waiting game and am hoping it doesn't take months, like it has for some, but I'm just wondering if others could share their experiences going off the pill mid-pack. Did it take others a long time for AF to come back? Did anyone get pregnant before AF was supposed to show up? If so, what cycle day did you get a BFP?

2 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I wasn't on the pill, but rather an IUD. When it came out I had withdrawal heavy bleeding for 3.5 weeks, then it took 63 days for my next AF.

I think every body is different in how long it takes to get back in a normal cycle.

I actually bought moon cycle tea to try to encourage AF. It seemed to help or maybe I just had great timing. Two days into the box and AF visited. I started using it every month after that to keep things regular. Bonus: my bleeding days were always less on cycles I drank it every day.

Best of luck and I hope everything works out. Sorry I can't give an experience with the pill specifically. I think abrupt stopping of any hormone is hard on the body.

5 years ago

An update for those who may search this later...finally started spotting on CD 46 and got AF the next day. Ugh, roller coaster!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo