Community post

Discussion

9DPO TTC#2 tww survival tips please!

View Full Post

Hi Everyone! I'm fairly new to the site, currently 9 DPO and driving myself insane, looking for any advise for surviving the TWW!!.....With my first, it took 2 years to conceive, I had irregular cycles and some months never ovulated, drove myself absolutely insane!! I promised myself if we ever tried again I wouldn't go nuts....and then here I am, 9 DPO and blowing through internet tests like a mad woman :) This is my 4th month TTC and my cycles have been text book perfect since stopping the pill-which is VERY unusual for me-so I thought hey, maybe this time it will be nice and easy??? Nope...last month I did have a CP and it was actually a relief just knowing everything is working without having to get poked and prodded 2-3 times a month.

Anyways, done rambling!! How do you find the patience and will power to not test constantly??? Gosh I wish I could just wait until AF is due, test, and let it be. Seeing BFN after BFN is exhausting and depressing, pure torture! Yet month after month I put myself through it, I can't help it! lol

75 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 75 Replies | Last Page

Sorry to hear about your BFN! Hope the meds work and you can get back to business soon!

6 months??? That is truly incredible! It makes you never believe a BFN until AF shows lol.

Still no sign of AF for me, sure feels like I'm gearing up to ovulate again so just in case, have def been BD'ing!! Now 5/6 days late and not even a hint of AF on the way. Stopped taking the pill in Nov and immediately had regular 27-28 day cycles so this is a bit unusual for this time around, not unusual when I was TTC #1. I've been extremely emotional this week so maybe my hormones are just out of wack this cycle. If she doesn't show in another week I'll be heading over to the docs for some blood work, justtttt in case. In the meantime, I'm sure I'll be POAS every day lol Good thing my IC's just came in the mail yesterday!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Yes, never give up! And I don't blame you for wanting to POAS everyday. I know I did it like twice a day for a while. Lol. Plus, it does sound like you are having an odd cycle, so maybe one of those HPTs will come up with a for you one of these days.

It's great having a buddy to talk about this stuff with.
Please keep me posted! I'm on day 2/10 for Provera, so I'll keep you posted, too.

7 years ago

So I know that sometimes (very rarely), women can be tested too early on the blood test and get a false negative, so I just retested this morning and still a ... I guess I'll just keep on keeping on with this Provera and hope that it does the trick.

How are you doing? How are your HPTs coming?

7 years ago

I don't blame you for testing again! It's hard when you don't have a true cycle, you never really know when to test!

AF hasn't paid her visit yet for me, something tells me she's not going to. 20 DPO, BFN last night and absolutely no sign of AF. Only when you are TTC do you ever complain about NOT getting AF hahahaha

Keep me posted!! My box of 50 ICs just came in the mail so I'll be busy this week POAS lol .

Hahaha. I may need to invest in that, too, as much as I POAS. Lol.

I'm just taking it day by day now...I feel so bored when not POAS anymore. Haha

Still checking CP and CM when I can, but mostly just ready for some kind of closure. It would be really nice if we do already have a little sticky bean in us.

7 years ago

Well, AF decided to finally show! Boy was she ever late....and she came out of nowhere...which leads me to believe checking my cervix is pointless lol because this morning I had EWCM, cervix was high, hard, and closed, not a glimpse of AF.....and then not even 30 minutes later AF shows??? Very very very odd cycle! ....I give up analyzing ovulation lol.

Maybe 5th times a charm for me!

How's it going? AF still hasn't shown up for you? The TWW limbo is bad enough as it is, when it's even longer it's exhausting!

Oh no, that witch ! Well, at least you have closure.

Mine still hasn't shown up...my cervix was med-high, neither hard nor soft, and half open/closed...not sure what that even means lol...with creamy sticky CM.

But I've been having pangs in my uterus...and a heavy feeling...and as weird as it sounds, my uterus feels sore. So I think she is coming soon...even though I still have 4 days left of Provera to take, then at least 2 days wait before it she comes. But I'm hoping she doesn't come and I get a instead.

*sigh*

I hate waiting. And you are absolutely right - it's bad enough with the TWW; it's even worse when you don't even know where you are in the wait!

I'll definitley keep you posted...I really hope you'll keep in touch even in your new cycle. It's so nice to have a friend to talk to about these things.

7 years ago

I too hope you are getting ready to get your BFP!!! sounds like it could be either or-which is one of the many reasons the TWW stinks!

I'll definitely keep in touch !! it's so much easier to get through the waiting when you have someone to go through it with !

Keeping my fingers , and toes, crossed for you!!

AF was nice and quick for me this cycle, on cycle day 5 and going to try and not test for ovulation this cycle and just have fun of course, at about CD 14 I'll start getting antsy to POAS soon lol

Haha. At least you have a whole bag of ICs to go through...I haven't even started AF yet and I'm already thinking if I should go ahead and order some so that I have them ready. hahaha

As for me, just took my last Provera pill today, so AF should show up in about 2 days (if it still works anything like how I was before I got pregnant with DD). But I'll wait the full 10 days first just in case. CP is medium, hard and closed, so it looks like she might really be coming.

I'll keep you posted! Can't wait to just get this thing over with so I can start POAS again!

Hoping March-April is the month for us!!!

7 years ago

Okay, so as an update, I took my last Provera pill yesterday so I was expecting AF tomorrow. CP was medium, hard, closed with creamy sticky CM.

Lo and behold, she decided to visit me at work just now. But at least I'm back on CD 1!

Here's to new beginnings and hoping that this cycle is the one for us!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo