Community post

Discussion

FET after fresh IVF cycle miscarriage at 5 wks

Hi ladies,

I'm hoping some of you will share your experiences since my RE has me feeling completely in the dark. Our fresh embryo transfer resulted in a pregnancy, with a 108 beta on 9dp5dt. When I went in for my 2nd beta a week later (5wks) my beta had dropped to 27. My RE told me to stop taking my Estrace and Progesterone, and that I "should experience a bleed" and to come back in a week to check my beta again to make sure it's still dropping.

I called our fertility center today to clarify; we're hoping to try a FET right away, which would require my starting back up on Estrace on day 2 of my period. And I wanted to make sure we were on track to do that in case I got my period before I was scheduled to come back in. When I spoke to the nurse today, I got a bit more confused...

She said I will have a "bleed" (the mc) but then some time later will get AF. I tried to clarify-- am I waiting for 2 periods, and taking a month off in between? She said no-- that the "bleed" will be followed by AF. I asked more questions and we went around in circles. Not sure when to expect an MC or AF, and was surprised they'd be 2 distinct events. Anyone have insights from experience?

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo